london astoria

lokey

low key
Oct 21, 2002
london
my two cents.........

anthrax at the astoria last night.........i totally missed all supports, got in with just enough time to slam a beer down and get to the front....( man everytime the astoria bugs me, its an awesome venue, one of my faves.... but £3.30 for a can of red stripe?!?!?! fucking crazy !!! thats like a 4 pack?!?!!?) .....anyway got to the front just in time for the blues brothers intro .....saaaaweet !

the setlist was identical to the other ones floating around for this tour.......so:

among the living, metal thrashing mad, got the time, caught in a mosh, air,
skeletons in the closet, antisocial, nfl, medusa, indians. encore: be all, end all, i 'm the man, aftershock, i am the law

as i have said elsewhere, i have been waiting 16 years to see joey ( caught danny on the sown tour) live..... and holy FUCK he was amazing, what a bunch of bullshit floating around that he cant sing anymore and 'looks old', joey has a huuuuge stage presence, was all over the lace.....and his lungs are more than up to the job, some of the notes he hit lasted an age, his enthusiasm and just sheer joy to be playing was too cool to see........sounded as if he had just stepped out of 91 to now. i dont need to even mention the other guys, obviously they wre on top form as they always are, dont think frankie or charlie ever have a low energy show....... as fer danny, i thought he was spot on, i defo noted tho that he defo lurks near the back of the stage a lot more now.......joey had to virtually drag him to the front of the stage for the band intros, cool to hear there were nothing but huuuge cheers for the man, and nothing but love for joey. i heard no negative shit whatsoever.

anthrax just destroyed the astoria last night, the crowd were insane, the band were insane, the whole fucking place was insane........ just such an awesome awesome show, went by in an absolute blur of screaming, flying bodies and man sweat :)

i have seen anthrax i dunno about ten or 11 times, dont think i have ever seen scott looking as stoked as he did last night..........

geez i am sore today..........

AMONG! AMONG! AMONG! AMONG! AMONG! AMONG! AMONG! AMONG! AMONG!

hahaha kick ass man, its good to see you had a really great time, and embrace the energy that joey gives onstage. I feel that too, he just loves being up there, as much as any fan loves watching the band, and he gives it his all, voice isnt too bad either!!!

Oh and for the people who say he looks old.....wtf, he looks the exact same!!!

Oh and again, metal thrashing mad after among the living is a fuckin' sweet decision, the crowd fuckin' loved it in glasgow!!

lokey said:
my two cents.........

was all over the lace.....and his lungs are more than up to the job, some of the notes he hit lasted an age,

mmmmmmmmmmm EXACTLY!:oops:

Still ruled in an old school way. But........

''Ah dont say it!'':ill:

''I'm gonna!'':erk:

''No please! Think of the children!'':ill:

''Must resist!''o_O

''Arrrrrrgh''o_O

''BUSH!'':worship:

''Ah god dam it you fool!'':err:

''NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm sorry this will now turn in to one of those threads, sorry guys.'':Smug:

THE GIG WAS STILL COOL!:headbang:

I couldn't agree more. Was the most intense crowd I've seen since Morbid Angel at Mean Fiddler. Awesome set, awesome crowd, the Thrax were on top form as always. As you said, the only bummer is the price of the drinks. I must have spent about £20 on strongbow! Still, it's the price you pay for such an awesome fuckin gig I guess!

oh i forgot to say.....at the end of the show, anthrax all lined up to take a bow........over the pa comes ringing out

" AMMMMERICA FUCK YEAH !!! COING TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING DAY YEAH "

haha great end, and yeah anthrax did save the motherfucking day........ again :)

It was perfection last night, the band, the crowd, the sound, the venue, everything except the price of a can of carlsberg. I met the band afterwards in the dressing room and they were so nice to us, Joey was such a nice guy why would anyone give him a hard time

Anybody who slags Anthrax off on this board should hang their head in shame. OK some of the M & Gs have gone tits up but the pure power of their performance is amazing and is something I shall remember for a long time, well till next time they tour over here.

its at the top of the thread buddy :)

but ........... among the living, metal thrashing mad, got the time, caught in a mosh, air, skeletons in the closet, antisocial, nfl, medusa, indians.
encore: be all, end all, i 'm the man, aftershock, i am the law

hey mick glad you had a cool time too, wonder how far away you were in the pit :) i did see a cdc shirt go flying past at one point , but it was literally enough time to think " hey is that a......" and by then the swells had taken me far away .... :)

by any chance....did u see what happend to frankies mic stand, one minute it was normal, the next it ws this colossal giant, big thing ....funny watching frankie using it tho

We were standing on the edge of the pit, I had to move there after Among as I was totally fucked (Old man me).

I think Frank twated his mic stand during I'm the Man. That new mic stand was a wonderful piece of work if I may say, I did have a good laugh when they brought it out

ha i'm an old man too u know :) maybe it was u ....anyhoo killer show, cool to read everyone had killer time too

and yeah frankies stand was hilarious however it ended up that way, loved the way he could juuuuuuuust about work his head in underneath to get to the mic ;)

agree with all the above - was probably the best I have seen them in about 18 years!

anyone know if the show was taped??? would love to get/trade for a copy

Yeah they were doing a formal recording. There were signs up about it saying 'You will be filmed' and at least one camera downstairs (I only saw one by the bar at the entrance downstairs), but not sure about upstairs. Unlikely to make it on DVD, didn't look like nearly enough camera equipment to me. Still, might get broadcast on MTV2 or something at some point in the near future. Was a killer show though and I'd love to see it again observing the crowd reaction as a whole. All I know is there was a killer reaction in the circle pit :heh:

Nebbiez said:
Yeah they were doing a formal recording. There were signs up about it saying 'You will be filmed' and at least one camera downstairs (I only saw one by the bar at the entrance downstairs), but not sure about upstairs. Unlikely to make it on DVD, didn't look like nearly enough camera equipment to me. Still, might get broadcast on MTV2 or something at some point in the near future. Was a killer show though and I'd love to see it again observing the crowd reaction as a whole. All I know is there was a killer reaction in the circle pit :heh:

They were filming Beyond Shite. One was right behind me. Didn't see any cameras for the thrax.