London support for November tour??

Agarves said:
Just picked up a leaflet and it says - Burst. Never heard of them though.

Wow! burst are an awesome swedish band! they are kinda like Opeth aswell...

Last time people were comparing Extol to Opeth... they sounded a shitty hardcore band when I saw them.

BRI said:
Last time people were comparing Extol to Opeth... they sounded a shitty hardcore band when I saw them.

I think their older stuff was kinda Opethian

Extol are a christian Hardcore band.. nuff said lol.

Burst sound like they'd be an old fashioned prog band in the style of yes, rush etc..

Still can't wait.. me and the band are going with some mates.. will fucking slay!

opeth_353 said:
Burst sound like they'd be an old fashioned prog band in the style of yes, rush etc..

What are you talking about? Burst are a metal band

Burst are on relapse, I have one song from a sampler it's not bad. Go on the relapse website and there are some legal downloads so you can get an idea. I will be at the gig as well as Oxford and Exeter so It'd be cool to meet up with people for a drink or three.

Yeah lol, fuck work etc, all my other commitments pale into comparison when it comes to Opeth. Plan is to sleep in the car in Oxford, crash at the uni somewhere in Exter and drive back form London for work next day. Gonna be a good few days lol. I work to get money to spend on Opeth!

Sounds good I'd do that if I had the money. I dont even know how to get to the forum gonna have to figure it out...

I thought Extol just were a bad choice to support. They try and do music a bit like Opeth, but nowhere near as good. So when Opeth came on it made them seem even worse. Ive heard one studio song, and I think they played it live, but they were just a bit dull.

I saw Burst when they opened for Mono + Dillinger Escape Plan a while back... good stuffs, they were a bit muddy soundwise but from what I could make out it's good

FUBAR said:
What are you talking about? Burst are a metal band

lol.. obviously didn't put it very clearly.

The name 'Burst' sounds to me like they'd be a old Prog band in the style of Rush or Yes .. Not that their music actually sounds like them lol. :D

..Yeh, i'm going to have to work out the way to the Forum as well.. Going to Charring Cross.. and then a tube to wherever is nearest lol. Who's going to the London Forum gig?

I will be there. And the nearest tube station is Kentish Town as far as i remember. Just leave the station and head right. It's easy to find the way there using the Internet...

opeth_353 said:
lol.. obviously didn't put it very clearly.

The name 'Burst' sounds to me like they'd be a old Prog band in the style of Rush or Yes .. Not that their music actually sounds like them lol. :D

..Yeh, i'm going to have to work out the way to the Forum as well.. Going to Charring Cross.. and then a tube to wherever is nearest lol. Who's going to the London Forum gig?

Ah I get ya...we should all meet up have a pint and talk about Opeth...