Long Time No death - pictures and review

Nothing worse than going to a show where the jackass sound engineer doesnt know that guitars = metal. I dont like live shows with drum and bass only o_O

The setlist isnt bad, but again, its mostly songs they have played in the past 10 yrs or so. It would be nice to see some rare ones in there. However, im really happy they are playing Valley and Weed.

Cant wait for the US tour :headbang:

I would have also skipped ERASER, one of the most overrated song from Hypocrisy imo

they should fucking jam the Departure or War within from the arrival.

For the changes people, I doubt it, keep in mind that the 2nd guitar is NOT a member of the band but a guess, so I think they will keep it simple and play exclusively these songs in order to be as tight as possible.

of course I could be wrong.

then again, not :)

on 2/14/04 in Austin, TX on the Cannibal Corpse tour, they played War Within-it was pretty sweet especially since the album wasnt even out yet.

There are videos posted on youtube-band sounds realy tight!

However, there are a few places where Peter sounds a bit tired-maybe after a few shows, this will improve once he gets into the grove of growling again.

--> 2nd guitar player: His name is Tomas Elofsson, and to be nitpicking, his band Sanctification has been in studio Abyss with Tommy Tägtgren.
--> bad sound: was most likely because of a damaged guitar amp. Should have been fixed already in Berlin. (Anyone from Berlin reading this?)
--> Another review is up on Metal-Inside.de - allerdings nur in Deutsch.

Viel Spaß! :headbang:

They chose only five songs themselves, the rest is taken from the NB poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that explains the simularities to the "10 years of chaos..." compilation (which songs was also voted by the fans), which suits me just perfect cause that CD was what got me into Hypocrisy in the first place and when I saw them live they didn't play any of the 5 songs from the medlys. Neither did they play "Killing Art" or the 5 from the last 2 albums (duh they were'nt released yet). So I guess it was up to the band to choose odditys, all fans choose there own odditys so it was no like any was gonna make it into the setlist that way. Still, no fucking complaints about the setlist. :kickass:

btw that guy did have a funny accent... and weird questions, lol

btw that guy did have a funny accent... and weird questions, lol

No shit! I would have busted out laughing like Mikael did. First time I heard him speak. And as usual the mighty "Horgh" sat there like a menacing force to be reckoned with.

And like Peter said "Don't sit home, get over there."

I really hope they will jam a similar setlist for the N-A tour.

since its the same touring guitarist, I would assume so.

:D

I have only seen Hypo live once...for 35 minutes. so its not like I was tired of hearing these tunes live

I think there's a venue in Texas named ''The Emo'' or something like this?

No wonder why the decent bands avoid the damn place nowadays :p

Its in Austin, Emo's, Its named after a the owner and not a bad place at all. The BackRoom used to be where all the killer bands played in Austin, which is where that 2/14/04 show was, but it was torn down a few years ago.

Plus there is plenty more big citys around TX! :kickass:

FUCK im bummed about no close shows....The gf and myself may have to hop on a plane to go see a show....Shes been wanting to go back to Chicago anyways...

FUCK im bummed about no close shows....The gf and myself may have to hop on a plane to go see a show....Shes been wanting to go back to Chicago anyways...

:saint:

How far are you from Tucson, AZ? Seems like a pretty good place to fly to since IT IS the start of the tour.

:saint:

How far are you from Tucson, AZ? Seems like a pretty good place to fly to since IT IS the start of the tour.

1,000 miles to Tuscon and 1,000 miles to Chicago....TX is big......

Doubt we would hit Tuscon as there are other cities we would rather visit