Look at this.

Ender Rises

Wass sappening?
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Vast areas of snow in Antarctica melted in 2005 when temperatures warmed up for a week in the summer in a process that may accelerate invisible melting deep beneath the surface, NASA said on Tuesday.

A new analysis of satellite data showed that an area the size of California melted and then re-froze -- the most significant thawing in 30 years, the U.S. space agency said.

story.lg.antarctica.melt.jpg

The red/orange area is what melted.

This is the third typo I've seen of your's today.

Thanks for keeping count...? I guess it's a good thing I don't pride myself on my skills as a typist, else I'd have had one shitty day. I suppose if I was really into typing, the only thing that would upset me more than making three typo's in a day would be finding out I was not graduating. Boy would that ever suck.

Thanks for keeping count...? I guess it's a good thing I don't pride myself on my skills as a typist, else I'd have had one shitty day. I suppose if I was really into typing, the only thing that would upset me more than making three typo's in a day would be finding out I was not graduating. Boy would that ever suck.

:lol: You jackass.

Another bit of interesting news.

The Southern Ocean around Antarctica is so loaded with carbon dioxide that it can barely absorb any more, so more of the gas will stay in the atmosphere to warm up the planet, scientists reported Thursday.

Human activity is the main culprit, said researcher Corinne Le Quere, who called the finding very alarming.

The phenomenon wasn't expected to be apparent for decades, Le Quere said in a telephone interview from the University of East Anglia in Britain.

"We thought we would be able to detect these only the second half of this century, say 2050 or so," she said. But data from 1981 through 2004 show the sink is already full of carbon dioxide. "So I find this really quite alarming."

The Southern Ocean is one of the world's biggest reservoirs of carbon, known as a carbon sink. When carbon is in a sink -- whether it's an ocean or a forest, both of which can lock up carbon dioxide -- it stays out of the atmosphere and does not contribute to global warming.