Look What I Found.....

Oct 17, 2006
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/index.html

:Smokin: Just found the site but I'm anxious to share the good news so I'm not sure of all it's contents.

Something might be of interest popped up while searching for info on Axe Witch ... The've got 'Lord Of The Flies' full CD samples and more...(Only 20 KPBS - but good to get a good idea of what to expect from them).

The site also offers about 1,200 titles & lots more D/L's of many Classic - OOP Metal albums. My guess is they're all very low bit rate (Which is great for me - even on dial-up I can DL the entire songs in about 5 seconds.) This site might prove to be a gold mine for some folks like me who's missed out on a lot of the old gems and want to sample before investing.

yeah, I linked it in my "free music" thread down the page, but more as a side-note. the quality and format are pretty frustrating. It's cool that it's there, but jesus, just make the damn MP3s available you know? It's not like the artists or labels are going to get rich of of those old albums at this point. The collectors will still collect and broke people like me will still not buy but a few old titles of sentimental value.

Well the site is there only as a resource so one can hear what these releases sound like...it's not like a download site. Steve Cannon respects these releases too much to put them up in high quality to discourage people from tracking them down and instead just having mp3s, and I can fully appreciate that sentiment.

Makes sense.

This is a great hang out for bordom on the net. It doesn't bother me about the poor sound quality.

VOD is very good to check albums before purchase, providing the albums are not OOP. I have use it many times in the past.