Look what I got while shopping this afternoon.

Twisted Tony

Old School Metalhead
Mar 18, 2002
Bricktown, NJ
Visit site
classicrock.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I was looking throught the "S" section of DVDs in Suncoast Video and there it was. Only one copy. Surely this copy was meant for me.

Excellent concert footage of the band from 1990. I guess Graham Oliver leaves the band shortly after this was made. And John Parr is a special guest? Now that's unusual. Doesn't matter because it's SAXON and it KICKS ASS!!!

I'll use this DVD as a warm up to the Saxon Chronicles.;)

i can only warm up with the kg video! :lol:
And remember guys, ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT TO THE DVD RELEASE!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

YES - and beware that the Live in Nottingham CD about to be released is also the same concert as this DVD !!! - CD has same cover so you should spot it!

ALSO this DVD (and CD) is the Greatest Hits package from 1990 as previously reported!

I'm with you folks on this one. Definitely a good warm-up for the Chronicles DVD, especially since none of the stores in my area have the damn thing! (Wasn't it supposed to hit these shores earlier this week?!?!?) Funny, I didn't even think about it 'til I checked out this thread, but the P.&T.G. material is kinda missed on here. Still one damn cool DVD, though. (Just got a DVD player, so I'm starting to catch up on this stuff... I'd fail miserably as a yuppie)

Funny story about this gig but I spoke to Oly some time back about it and apparently the band simply went thru the motions for the sake of the recording, no one (especially biff) wanted to be there and on stage it was very strained. Read into that what you will but I so prefer Saxon Live to this concert myself, it just seems so much more .....genuine if thats the right word, anyone else agree with me?

macc189 said:
Funny story about this gig but I spoke to Oly some time back about it and apparently the band simply went thru the motions for the sake of the recording, no one (especially biff) wanted to be there and on stage it was very strained. Read into that what you will but I so prefer Saxon Live to this concert myself, it just seems so much more .....genuine if thats the right word, anyone else agree with me?
I quite like the 10th anniversary gig and Biff seems to be on good form. I don't particarly like the Saxon live video because it is overdubbed to death.

I have both the Saxon live from 1983 and there greatest hits live from 1990 on video. There both good, but i wish they would release all there music video's on dvd, instead of just putting out live dvd's. Don't get me wrong, Saxon are fantastic live (I have seen them live 3 times so far) but it would be nice to see all there old (and new) video's!