Looking at buying a new bass, direct sound comparison inside PLEASE HELP!

Humidfume

Hey guys!

Looking at buying a new bass from a friend so I recorded 2 basses here, one is my old bass and one is his new one.

Bass A is my old LTD B-55 5 string and Bass B is an Ibanez BTB200.

I'm going to look into putting a 5 string set on the Ibanez and using it as a 4 stringed 5 string :D

Bass A plays 2 bars,
Bass B plays 2 bars,
Repeat with guitars.

***EDIT***

First player is now a cleaner bass tone for better choosing!

Let me know your thoughts ASAP please guys!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
you should test and compare different pitches and all strings! ;)

Like XxSicRokerxX I liked A alone, but in the mix with the guitars B glued nicely with the rest. So I would say B as bass is not a solo instrument.

Having listened to the cleaner example I can say I prefer B, but both basses seem to have old strings, and I wonder if B has more recent strings and that is affecting the comparison.

Having listened to the cleaner example I can say I prefer B, but both basses seem to have old strings, and I wonder if B has more recent strings and that is affecting the comparison.

Certainly they both have old strings. But I really can;t afford to buy 2 sets of strings for this comparison hahaha! That would set me back £40 - £60 JUST to work out if it was worth buying.

I'm in debt too much as it is hahaha :D

But no the bass you are referring to has 3 year old strings, whereas Bass A has less than a year old strings.