Looking at monitor stands..

The Unavoidable

jättebög
May 27, 2008
Umeå, Sweden
.. and I've come across these: http://www.thomann.de/se/km_26740_monitorstativ.htm

I've been browsing Thomann a while now and these seem to be both in my price range and pretty much what I need. I'll be using them with a desk similar to this one so they will be floor-mounted, (which wouldnt work with some of the other models I was looking at since they were to short)

So, anyone have any experience with these or similar models? Also, if you have any tips regarding monitor stands in general, post away.

Also, how the hell do you actually attach the monitors to them? :lol: (I'll be using HS80s)

I believe he did, though I'm not sure if it's that height. Those are humongous.

My assumption is that we both have the 36" models, and what he said was correct. After getting a decent set filled with sand or lead shot you will find imaging and frequency related information (particularly low mid) to clear up a ton.

Thanks for all the quick replies!

Cool to hear that those I've looked at aren't complete crap anyway! I remember what Ermz said in a previous thread about room treatment and the awesomness of stands loaded with sand/etc, but I'm looking for something more disposable since I'm unsure about how my final layout will look like. (Also it's way out my price range atm but let's not talk about that HEH) But cool, I'll probably end up getting those in the OP then, thanks for the help!

I made my using PVC pipe and some pine board I had lying around (can post pics later if you want). Basic cat scratching post construction, look great IMO, work great because the have a way bigger diameter than those steel pipe jobs so you an get more sand down there, plus they're cheap.