Looking for a Music-Making Program

I just bought Reaper. Only problem is there's no drums. I'm new to this whole DAW thing, but from what I understand I can download drums and use them in the program. So right now I'm searching for some.

I think what you're looking for is a drum sequencer that FL studio has. I think Izotope iDrum is what you're looking for. That's what I use to program drums and loops. I use it, it's amazing

Money's tight for me, though, so I can't afford to spend anything more. A lot of this DAW makes no sense to me. I downloaded readrums and it won't work in the program, even when I follow the instructions. It sucks being a n00b.

I downloaded some files from searches on that site, and I don't know how to use them. How do I get them into the window that pops up when I insert a virtual instrument on a new track?

I don't think it's possible to try it first, according to the website. I watched a bunch of videos on how the program works and it seems to have the interface most easy for me compared to the rest of the programs. The only snag is putting in drums, but that's basically only there because I'm new to all of this. As for the rest of writing and arranging music, I seem to have it down so far. Reaper seems to be the best thing for the money. I wouldn't call myself an electronic music artist. Electronic is some of the stuff I am thinking of making, but there are other styles I am going to be doing, too.

I don't think it's possible to try it first, according to the website. I watched a bunch of videos on how the program works and it seems to have the interface most easy for me compared to the rest of the programs. The only snag is putting in drums, but that's basically only there because I'm new to all of this. As for the rest of writing and arranging music, I seem to have it down so far. Reaper seems to be the best thing for the money. I wouldn't call myself an electronic music artist. Electronic is some of the stuff I am thinking of making, but there are other styles I am going to be doing, too.

It definitely is.

"The evaluation version of REAPER is complete and uncrippled. There are no artificial interruptions or restrictions, and you can save and load projects normally. We believe in giving you a fair chance to make sure that REAPER works correctly with your hardware and suits your workflow.
The REAPER installer simply copies REAPER and its support files to disk. It does not install anything except itself.

If after 30 days you decide that REAPER is not for you, simply delete it.

If you decide that REAPER is for you, you must purchase a license."

Shit. Oh well. Like I said, the only problem is finding a way to get drums (and other instruments) into the program, and that's only an issue because I'm new to DAWs. If I just figured out how to do that, everything would be worthwhile for me.

I just bought Reaper. Only problem is there's no drums. I'm new to this whole DAW thing, but from what I understand I can download drums and use them in the program. So right now I'm searching for some.

Code:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=results&st=adv&soft[]=i&type[]=31&f[]=vst&win=1&free=1&sf=0&receptor=&de=0&sort=1&rpp=100

You can easily synthesize any drum sound you can imagine in many of the top free VSTI synths listed on KVR.

Drumatic is one of my favorites for electro stuff.

Thanks, but those are windows. I have a mac. I have downloaded some drums, but they seem to still be a bit lacking. Eventually I've have what I need though. Either that or I can save up to buy Logic.

Thanks, but those are windows. I have a mac. I have downloaded some drums, but they seem to still be a bit lacking. Eventually I've have what I need though. Either that or I can save up to buy Logic.

Ah ok. I thought you said you were planning to get Windows soon. :)

You can just change the search on kvr to show you only Mac synths.

Thanks. I just have to figure out the conversions and it should be good.

Edit: For some reason the synth1 is in my VST folder, but it won't work in Reaper. I can't find it.

Edit2: Got it installed, but it won't load.

Edit: For some reason the synth1 is in my VST folder, but it won't work in Reaper. I can't find it.

Edit2: Got it installed, but it won't load.

I'm sorry but i only have a PC, so i can't help you with installing it on a Mac.

Just go to that thread on KVR i linked above.