Drums making program?

Misko

May 14, 2007
www.myspace.com
Can anyone recommend me a decent program (sampler/looper/whatever) for drums? I want to record a live guitar (Acid? Sound Forge?) on a track of drums, but the program should be able to let me compose somewhat complex drum-tracks... Many of the tools available seem to be oriented towards techno beats (i.e. insert couple of beats then loop them to death...), I need metal here :)

You'll need a few things to do that, a DAW, like Cubase or Pro Tools, a sequencer program like Kontakt or Battery and a sample package like Drumkit From Hell. You load the samples into your sequencer which you start from your DAW. Then you can trigger the audio samples with a MIDI track, which you can compose in either the DAW itself or an external MIDI program, Guitar Pro can be used for that purpose actually.

Hehe, that's alright. If you're interested in making quality recordings at home someday it's really worth it to dive into that shit, though. If you just want to record some ideas then you don't really need it indeed.

Hey I completely forgot about the trackers haha, I remember "Fast Tracker", it was uber-popular ages ago!:Smokin: :worship:
The Cubase + sequencer seems to be the best option, given that I have Nuendo 2 at work (I was told that Cubase is a watered down version of Nuendo?) and am pretty much adept with working a program like it as I'm a video-editor for a living (I edit in Avid).
But I got hold of Fruity Loops actually, and while on first sight it looks complicated, the 'pencil' tool allows me to draw beats inaccurately enough to seem realistic...
Argh, the possibilities...