Looking for Internet Band Members

As far as metal goes....Jag Panzer, Immortal, Primal Fear, Judas Priest, Testament, Death, Atheist, Symphony X, Nile, Crimson Glory, and Rotting Christ.

Hybirds might be possible as far as styles concerned, even have 1 or 2 ideas on that already. :)

As far as metal goes...does this mean you're up for other types of music as well? I'm up for listening I listen to everything besides that EMO bullshit. I listen to anything from Third Eye Blind to Sabaton. I think if we could come up with a mix of different band influences we could come up with something hot.

Alright, I'm into jazz fusion as well, such as Allan Holdsworth, and Al Dimeola, and Classical such as Vivaldi and Rachmaninoff, Bach and such.

Of course jazz harmonys work well, and vocal style wise the person who said they can do BM and DM vocals could switch using the BM style over the harmonys and the DM stuff over the riffing.

My metal influences are Rhapsody (of Fire), Bal-Sagoth, Therion, Helloween, Symphony X, Angra, Necrophagist, Nile, Death, and Iced Earth. Those are at the top of my list, I do listen to classical but not jazz, however as a bass player I have studied a little bit into jazz and respect it as a musical style.

My metal influences are Rhapsody (of Fire), Bal-Sagoth, Therion, Helloween, Symphony X, Angra, Necrophagist, Nile, Death, and Iced Earth. Those are at the top of my list, I do listen to classical but not jazz, however as a bass player I have studied a little bit into jazz and respect it as a musical style.

Looks like we should shoot for some Progressive DM, or for something even more unique....Prog with DM touches here and there.

I think we should shoot for vocals that are harsher than the usual prog stuff, but not as harsh as the DM style, something inbetween with occassional harsher parts for intense parts of songs.

So far, this is who the band consists of:

Guitarists - 3
A Poor Musician
Kenneth R.
Vacant Planets

Bassist - 1
Cul-Kothoth

Drummer - 1
Nissan? (I can't get in contact with him)

Vocals - ?
For vocals, I agree with Vacant Planets when he stated:
"I think we should shoot for vocals that are harsher than the usual prog stuff, but not as harsh as the DM style, something inbetween with occassional harsher parts for intense parts of songs."

I also agree with you guys. Also, I always thought it was cool when there is clean or high pitch vocals that underlayed a harsh style of vocals for choruses or when there is a new verse.

I also agree with you guys. Also, I always thought it was cool when there is clean or high pitch vocals that underlayed a harsh style of vocals for choruses or when there is a new verse.

Yea that's exactly what I'm looking for. I want to get a guy who can sing pretty well and has a great range for vocals. Then I want another guy who is more of a bass singer and does the low lyrics.

Guitarists - 3
A Poor Musician
Kenneth R.
Vacant Planets

Bassist - 1
Cul-Kothoth

Drummer - 1

Nissan? (I can't get in contact with him)

Vocals - 2?
Vacant Planets
"I think we should shoot for vocals that are harsher than the usual prog stuff, but not as harsh as the DM style, something inbetween with occassional harsher parts for intense parts of songs."

Cul-Kothoth
"I also agree with you guys. Also, I always thought it was cool when there is clean or high pitch vocals that underlayed a harsh style of vocals for choruses or when there is a new verse."

Updated: 15th May 2007

^ A band that I know that does this is Mushroomhead. They're not the greatest band or vocalists for that matter but that's where I'm trying to get at with the high vocals and low.
I don't listen to Mushroomhead, so I don't know what there vocals are like but Adagio is the band I know of that does it really well. Especially on their Dominate CD.

I think we should use a slightly more aggressive guitar tone then, something like a slightly more bassy Ensiferum or Nevermore-ish tone.

I use 7 strings by the way, so we'll have to talk tuning at some point.