Inside dorian's gym bag.
High On Fire
Kalas
Black Cobra
Ufomammut
Baroness
Deadbird
mid-era Neurosis

Specifically the first few more so...but you get the point...

Super heavy, totally bludgeoning, brutal & thick. Like being pounded repeatedly to the head with a rubber mallet until all that's left is hamburger.

I'd also like to thank IoTS for insisting me to give High On Fire another chance. I have no idea why they didnt click with me the first time around much but they have become one of my favorites. Unbelievable. I cant wait for the new one to come out soon.

Oh, and Acie for introducing me to Black Cobra. Although not in the same league as High On Fire (not many are), they do pound ass.

Lay it on me folks. Let's see whacha got. Thanks in advance.

PS - Every single one of you need to get Solace's new EP. Kthanxbye.

I'm gonna throw this one out there even though I have no idea if it sounds like what you're looking for:

Toadliquor - The Hortator's Lament

Anyone heard it? I forget how I stumbled upon this one.

I'm gonna throw this one out there even though I have no idea if it sounds like what you're looking for:

Toadliquor - The Hortator's Lament

Anyone heard it? I forget how I stumbled upon this one.

I used to have it but sold it. I remember it being ridiculously oppressive, suffocating, and dirty. Nothing like what Im looking for though.

Still have it backed up on my cpu actually.

If you like them, check out Sourvein...who actually kick all sorts of ass.

Sniffer: I'm glad you liked HOF as much as they deserve. Considering the fact that they go deeper and deeper into old school metal waters, i am also anxious about their new album, it's gonna bite, that's for sure.
By the way (and off topic) have you heard the new Alabama Thunderpussy? Rumors says that it's more metal (in the Maiden sense) than anything they've done.

hmm, have you tried buried at sea, grief, harvey milk, boris, or ufomammut?

(im guessing everybody has listened to ufomammut and boris by now)

Sniffer: I'm glad you liked HOF as much as they deserve. Considering the fact that they go deeper and deeper into old school metal waters, i am also anxious about their new album, it's gonna bite, that's for sure.
By the way (and off topic) have you heard the new Alabama Thunderpussy? Rumors says that it's more metal (in the Maiden sense) than anything they've done.

Dude, no I havent. Never really got into ATP...but then again, never tried that hard. May have to check it out. Sounds intriguing.

And seriously man....GET THE NEW SOLACE EP NOW!!!!!!

I'll upload that track thats posted on the SR jukebox for everyone to hear. Good lord it rules. Sadly, Im gonna miss them this Saturday because Ill be in Baltimore. :cry:

hmm, have you tried buried at sea, grief, harvey milk, boris, or ufomammut?

(im guessing everybody has listened to ufomammut and boris by now)

I mentioned Ufomammut in my original post. Love 'em. I have been singing their praise round these parts for years. Snailking is their best imho. Turned NAD into a Ufo-homo.

I have Buried At Sea and Grief...too slow for what Im looking for.

Boris ...eeeh

Harvey Milk....eeeeh, but Ill admit havent delved too deep.

Im looking for HEAVY and PUMMELING.

eh this taint stuff is okay, i hate the vocals though.

*edit*

eh, i take that back, its pretty enjoyable