Looking for Musicians

Donnie Darko

Destroyer of False Metal
Sep 9, 2003
Philly and Long Island
www.myspace.com
I go to school in long island and Im looking for a drummer, bassist and maybe a keyboardist from the NYC/Long Island/North Jersey area for a viking/black metal band. I play guitar and I have a vocalist lined up. If interested message me, reply to this or IM me at
MetalHed201.

PS...Must be dedicated

just what we need. another band who wants to be viking metal and isnt from any of the scandinavian countries. thats like me being in florida and labeling my band eskimo metal. its not gonna work buddy. give it up and find something that fits who you realy are.

DemonsAndLies666 said:
just what we need. another band who wants to be viking metal and isnt from any of the scandinavian countries. thats like me being in florida and labeling my band eskimo metal. its not gonna work buddy. give it up and find something that fits who you realy are.

i was expecting your post ... :kickass:

Go to your local bar and hang out with the Mortician NYDM people ... it just makes me laugh when I hear the "we are americans and wanna form a viking/bm band".
At least, you could come up with a fantasy theme band but don't portray yourself as we are viking and in 2 weeks you can check our myspace site signed by all my viking buddies from highschool.
Before, everybody was in the gore, we are the next cannibal corpse, then came the we are the next most evil anti christian band and now being viking is the next big thing in metal.
The day an american band really embraces the american culture and comes up with a western-cowboy blackmetal band or a i bomb your country black metal band or fastfood blackmetal led by obese teenagers then I will be happy.

Belgar said:
i was expecting your post ... :kickass:

Go to your local bar and hang out with the Mortician NYDM people ... it just makes me laugh when I hear the "we are americans and wanna form a viking/bm band".
At least, you could come up with a fantasy theme band but don't portray yourself as we are viking and in 2 weeks you can check our myspace site signed by all my viking buddies from highschool.
Before, everybody was in the gore, we are the next cannibal corpse, then came the we are the next most evil anti christian band and now being viking is the next big thing in metal.
The day an american band really embraces the american culture and comes up with a western-cowboy blackmetal band or a i bomb your country black metal band or fastfood blackmetal led by obese teenagers then I will be happy.
I wasnt making it pure viking metal, just basically a black metal style with lyrics about battle and medieval topics, stuff like that

Belgar said:

Haha I never thought if an actual all-American style or themed historical genre.

Civil War metal. That would be almost badass. Too bad it would only appeal to hicks if there was such a thing as Confederate metal.

Prospector metal, or Gold-Digging metal. Sounds too gay.

Maybe if somebody came up with a band about the lobster fishing in Maine. I'd get it.

DemonsAndLies666 said:

Or like being from the United States and labeling your band Egyptian metal. :rolleyes:

well it counts for anythign i'm makign a band which is symphonic pagan metal band. and so far we have a quite a few members. A singer, four guitasrs and me the bassist to be exact. now all we need are a drummer, a keyboardist if nessasary.

and trust me, the way we play it sounds like its based after amon amarth and the whole 4 guitar thing, it works with our music. we already have two or three tracks wriotten. all we need are the drums.

hahaha I gotta side with the non-americans on this one. You gotta be a Viking to play like a Viking. White people:rap as Americans:Vikings

Anglorfin said:
Or like being from the United States and labeling your band Egyptian metal.

Hahaha, Nile isn't bad though -- it just doesn't fit. At least one of the guys has a degree in Egyptian Mythology or whatever.

And I think Iced Earth has already won my vote for best Civil War metal.

Cowboy metal doesn't work too well, at least for me.

DemonsAndLies666 said:
awsome... for the first time i tell someone to fuck off and everyone agrees with me!!! (minus the fat kid with the red dog(nasty beer) avatar)

this calls for a celebration!!!

hahahah yes, yes it does

International message boards are not the greatest place to form bands :lol:

You don't need to be from scandanavia to like vikings, and viking metal, but its kinda lame to be all "AuG fr0st and tr00 grim n0rsemen!" when there is a sunny beach right behind you.

Bap said:
Hahaha, Nile isn't bad though -- it just doesn't fit. At least one of the guys has a degree in Egyptian Mythology or whatever.

Karl Sanders does not have a degree.. he is just a huge fan of Egyptian Mythology. He posted a couple pics from his house on the Nile forum, and he has tons of "Egyptian" things in there. He's even got a damn sarcophagus in the corner.

I dont see why people make such a big deal of an "American" band playing Egyptian Metal (lol)

DemonsAndLies666 said:

Eskimo metal! Yeah!! I'm gunna tell my kid she needs to start one of them bands. She is half Canadian, after all!! Shit that post cracked me up. :worship:

And Demons, you were very nice when you referred to that Red Dog stuff as "beer". Where I live, we call it something that starts with a "p" and ends with "iss"./T

Krigloch cuts yo' grass said:
Karl Sanders does not have a degree.. he is just a huge fan of Egyptian Mythology. He posted a couple pics from his house on the Nile forum, and he has tons of "Egyptian" things in there. He's even got a damn sarcophagus in the corner.

I dont see why people make such a big deal of an "American" band playing Egyptian Metal (lol)

My mistake then -- I thought I read somewhere he had a degree. That'd be cool to have a sarcophagus in my house, too.