Looking For New Good Bands

check out Nile + Behemoth.
Also, try Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh.

I concur. If you want intensity get "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka" and/or "Annihilation of the Wicked". From Behemoth I would probably get "Demigod" first then pick "Zos Kia Cultus" or "The Apostasy". Although I dont know if you would like the vocals.

It's so hard to come up with new bands that you like when you name mostly bands that were big in the 80's to base our recs off :erk: Good luck though. I have a feeling you wouldn't like most of the more "modern" bands I listen to. I tend to listen to a lot of 80's-90's metal, & then I listen to weird shit.

It's so hard to come up with new bands that you like when you name mostly bands that were big in the 80's to base our recs off :erk: Good luck though. I have a feeling you wouldn't like most of the more "modern" bands I listen to. I tend to listen to a lot of 80's-90's metal, & then I listen to weird shit.
Yes it's been a challenge finding bands which are modern and aren't metalcore for me. I'm 23, my generation is the metalcore generation. Metal to me needs to be masculine, I don't find MOST metalcore very masculine especially the bands that have pop vocal versus and sing about romance!

You guys have been an AWESOME help. I feel like I am on the right path to discovering more good quality metal. I'm going to purchase these three to start with:

Gojira - From Mars To Sirius
Behemoth - Demigod
Onslaught - In Search of Sanity

Thanks guys, I think I am well on my way.

Demigod is a good call (dunno about the others). If you like it consider getting Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines. Like Demigod, but even faster + more abrupt tempo changes and beats. Sounds sort of like a landslide at first, but then you get used to it. Also, if you like Demigod of course get their next album, the Apostasy, but beware that he uses standard death voxx on it (you mentioned you didn't like death voxx, although I think you'll get over that). Also, there's a band by the name Demigod that you might want to check out - modern death/thrash.

I'm 23, my generation is the metalcore generation.

I'm 23 also, & where I live it's the rap generation. I barely know any people into Metal. Most of the time when I go to concerts they're dead, but that's about the only way to meet metal heads here... Then again, a lot of people go to concerts just for fun also.

"In Their Darkened Shrines" is definitely Nile's best album. It's pretty brutal for starters, but you might get broken in by it.

For something more poppy I would suggest Carcass's "Heartwork" or Children of Bodom's "Follow the Reaper".

I didn't mean it in a Melodic Death way. You can't tell me when you listen to Sarcophagus you can't hear it in there. The Blessed Dead and Execration Text not so much true. But also to me Unas is melodic in parts. The begining of Wind of Horus. Most noteworthy are the end of In Their Darkened Shrine II and all of IV Ruins. This all being how I hear it though. You may hear it entirely different.

Edit: This all coming from a man who can fall asleep while listening to "The Burning Pits of Duat" at high volumes.

Try 1 Darkwater - calling to earth to witness
2 Seventh wonder -second cd
3 sphyric universe experience -Anima
4 symphony x all good exept first cd there latest 2 cd are heavyer than the rest