always looking for new bands

Yeah, that's Steve "Zetro" Souza, phenomenal vocalist and my personal favorite Exodus vocalist. In general, when he isn't singing clean, I'd liken him as a thrash metal variation on Udo Dirkschneider of Accept and U.D.O.

what is powerwolf? I stumbled onto a concert they did...I am not sure what it is...or if I really like it, but I couldn't turn it off... :)

Are they a "Christian" heavy metal band? a spoof of one? or both?

Last edited:
So, I have been listening to alot of Arch Enemy and there is a guitar riff in "My Apocalypse" that was driving me nuts because I could swear it was ripping off another song but I couldn't figure it out. Now, this might not be new to you guys, but as I am new to metal, listen to the guitar playing at about 2:28 of My Apocalypse:

and then finally dawned on me that it's part of the basic song melody of "Cruel Summer" by Banarama (1980s pop band):

So far, in the genre of Power Metal, I like Powerwolf, Tyr, and Falconer the best. I'm not a huge fan of nightwish, but they do have a good cover of phantom of the opera.

Reactions: CiG
Sure, but I was trying to namedrop cool newer bands. Running Wild are God-tier.
Of course, but you mentioned Blazon Stone, so y'know, I felt a little obligated to bring up Running Wild as a general rule. It's like namedropping Electric Wizard and then neglecting to mention Black Sabbath, or Overkill, and not naming Motörhead.

how about this, death metal that has melody but is not flowy/happy but rather badass/evil

It's a joke. I know that The Who aren't commonly considered metal, but they are from my point of view. I don't give a fuck what you call them...the fact is that they are fucking awesome.
Well, lucky for us your point of view means nothing as to what sort of music they actually are. The Who are one of the best acts of the 20th century, one of the best live acts period, and one of the ten greatest rock and roll bands ever. I witnessed their inimitable power firsthand, and can confirm this. They aren't metal though.