Could you recommend me some bands...

Anaon

Feb 9, 2008
Somewhere Else
www.spleenarcana.com
Hi there!

Well, I searched here but I'm not sure to know what kind of metal I'm looking for...

You know I'm searching for a huge epic metal, not extreme if possible, even if I like grunt vocals sometimes (Emperor... Opeth...), long songs would be great, with a lot of changes with some scandinavian atmosphere.

I don't know what is "viking metal" to be honest, maybe it's what I'm looking for...

Some albums in this spirit:
First Demons and Wizards album
Nightfall in Middle Earth by Blind Guardian
Omnio by In The Woods
Tyr by Black Sabbath (I love this one yes! I'd like to find something like that but more powerful and epic)
I don't have a lot

for some epic metal i'd recommend some Manilla Road and Cirith Ungol. A Manilla Road album tog et you started i'd say is Crystal Logic and King of the Dead of Ungol. I'd recommend Iced Earth as well, since some members are in Demons and Wizards, try Horror show or Burnt Offerings

Okay...
Bathory - Hammerheart, Norland I
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule
Turisas - Battle Metal
Avantasia - The Metal Opera
Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Symphony of Enchanted Lands II

Ouah thank you very much!! A lot of names I don't know here!! Sorry I couldn't end with my original post because of voltage problems :/ I wanted to say that I didn't have so many examples.

I thought about epic metal that gives you the feeling you are lost in northern deep forests and mountain, somewhere in the mist, well maybe you know what I mean :)

Anyway, I'll try those bands, thank you!!

Turisas- The Varangian Way (InFlames already recommended Battle Metal) Definitely check out the song "To Holmgard and Beyond"

You might also enjoy Kiuas; they exude a feeling of the North (try the songs "Across the Snows," "Of Ancient Wounds," "And the North Star Cried" and "Warrior Soul")

Turisas- The Varangian Way (InFlames already recommended Battle Metal) Definitely check out the song "To Holmgard and Beyond"

You might also enjoy Kiuas; they exude a feeling of the North (try the songs "Across the Snows," "Of Ancient Wounds," "And the North Star Cried" and "Warrior Soul")

Thank you very much Jethro Tull friend ;)

Never heard about them :cry: great!!

And what about Summoning? I have always been attracted by their covers...

And Manegarm?

I thought about epic metal that gives you the feeling you are lost in northern deep forests and mountain, somewhere in the mist, well maybe you know what I mean :)
Bathory is exactly, 100% what you want.
Also, maybe try Eluveitie. Just see what you think of the following:

And what about Summoning? I have always been attracted by their covers...

Bitchin' covers, good music. However, not really what you're looking for, from what I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bathory is exactly, 100% what you want.
Also, maybe try Eluveitie. Just see what you think of the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYKsQqQgSk

Bitchin' covers, good music. However, not really what you're looking for, from what I can tell.

I tried Hammerheart's Bathory but if I find it quite good, hum I thought it was not enough changing you know...

Eluveitie, just saw the vid, it's powerful but I don't find it really epic :(

since Ireland is a part of Europe, then you must mean Primordial

Ouah Primordial is Irish??!! I have a thing with Ireland and I have discovered Primordial yesterday and find it really good!!

Anyway, actually, there are two albums which are really near what I'm looking for:
Enslaved - Below the Lights: Really great!! Dark metal with Mellotron!! Reminds me of Opeth sometimes, I really like it!! Very epic to me, great melodies and different voices...

Summoning - Stronghold: Tried this one and I really like the keyboards and the atmospheric parts!! The intro is fantastic and the music is quite changing!

And I really like Agallock too!

Anyway, it's just start, I nearly found what I'm looking for but I would like to feel like "ouaaaaaaaaaaah" you know? :) But there are a lot of bands you gave me, I have a lot of work :loco: thanks!!