looking for opinions

Sfarog

Trapped in hated logic
Feb 10, 2002
NYC
www.gwynbleidd.com
I usually try not to spam the message boards with self-plugs. :D

Having said that, I've noticed that this board is very friendly towards people posting their own mp3's and what not, so what the hell. I've sent this link to Yayo before and his comments were very well appreciated!

Anyways, this is a basic structure of a first song on an album I'm writing with this guy. This is poorly recorded guitars with a programmed "filler" drums. No bass no vocals. Nothing set in stone.

This file is around 10MB, the song is around 9:30 long and it gets cut off few seconds before the end (sorry). The link is:

http://www.kupiszewski.com/media/nostalgia_t3.mp3

Thanks for any opinions you might share! :headbang:

Sfarog

Yeh i listened to this track again a day or two ago as it came up in my playlist, i still think its really good. People should download it and check it out!

YaYo said:
Yeh i listened to this track again a day or two ago as it came up in my playlist, i still think its really good. People should download it and check it out!

thanks Yayo, and thanks SquareNothing, I'm glad you liked it at least a little bit. Its far from being finished but the feel is there i guess...

I'm hoping for a few more comments! :D

Dude, fucking bad ass! That's some really good shit, and the recording ain't half bad, it's just a few steps away from a professional sounding recording, imho. So what's the deal with the music? You guys gonna make a band? Is this dude you're messing with kool enough to make a band with? You guys serious enough to try and put something together professionally? I mean, imo, it's good enough to try and do something with, really. Coming from another guitar player, you should seroiusly take this into consideration, I'd like to hear something more than demo's eventually, I think it is that good.

Well the intro is kind of weak ... but when the heavy riffing starts you really hit the spot ... very good riffs ... tastefully put together ... but in my opinion you should work with the clean parts ... not that they are bad ... but they are the weakest link in your composition

anyway ... i liked the song keep on the good work !!! :headbang:

DemonOfTheFall said:
Dude, fucking bad ass! That's some really good shit, and the recording ain't half bad, it's just a few steps away from a professional sounding recording, imho. So what's the deal with the music? You guys gonna make a band? Is this dude you're messing with kool enough to make a band with? You guys serious enough to try and put something together professionally? I mean, imo, it's good enough to try and do something with, really. Coming from another guitar player, you should seroiusly take this into consideration, I'd like to hear something more than demo's eventually, I think it is that good.
Wow! I have to say I'm very surprised! I didn't think much of this recording quality, so I was hesitant about putting this mp3 out here. As far as "band" issues go, yes, we are definitely starting a band. We're looking for a drummer and a bassist. The two of us have been playing music for like 2.5 years now (different band), so I know we have good chemistry. As far as demoing or recording... I hope that some time in the next year we will be able to do that. We just need the drummer (since I can do the bass myself if I need to). Anyways, recording here in US is expensive and not the best of quality so who knows where we'll end up. Maybe we'll just record in Poland, since we know a bunch of people there.

KIRILL said:
Well the intro is kind of weak ... but when the heavy riffing starts you really hit the spot ... very good riffs ... tastefully put together ... but in my opinion you should work with the clean parts ... not that they are bad ... but they are the weakest link in your composition.
Thanks! As far as the intro, the core of it is likely to stay the way it is. I agree that it needs a better execution, it doesnt feel as relaxed as I think it should. I expect adding bass underneath there somewhere and some fading in and out distorted guitars(think whammy(?)). Anyways, thanks! I'm glad you liked it. !:headbang:

ShadowLioness said:
Oh yeah, are you thinking of adding any vocals to this? I am curious to hear what kind they would be :) .
Hey, vocals will be 90% growled. I will do them myself but I need to warm up in a rehearsal place a bit! I cant make too much noise around my house !:cry: The growled vocals will be.... hmm... think more morningrise and less deliverance. I dunno how to explain it, i guess they will be more delay/reverb/fadeout sounding.

I would love to have some clean stuff, not much, but I doubt I could handle them if they were to be done properly. Perhaps some collaboration or something!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your comments :)

sfarog

chaveta said:
what drum program are you using also?

The drums were done in Sonar XL 2.1

ShadowLioness said:
I dug it...you can tell it is Opeth influenced ;) . That's not a bad thing though. Glad to hear that this kind of metal is alive and well in the U.S. of A! Good luck with it!

well I can't deny the effects Opeth's music had on me... I think the influence is more in general composition (clean/distorted) but there's many bands out there that do this. so I guess the influence is there, but we're looking to walk our own path. :D