Looking for Recording/Mixing/Mastering studio in Montreal area

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Hi,

My band is starting to have enough material to think about recording our first album. I'm not going to go into too much details about the specifics of our needs/situations/etc, but we're slowly thinking about "shopping" for a recording/mixing/mastering studio.

We're a band in the Montreal area. Doesn't need to be directly in Montreal, we are willing to drive a bit if required. But if we could keep it below 1h of driving, I think that'd be our absolute max.

We play metal music (obviously?) and as a good example, I would say we're not so far from Amon Amarth and the likes.

As many in the music industry, we ain't rich, so we'd probably try to do stuff on our own (record DIs at home, even try to mic the guitar amps ourselves, etc.).

But, don't get me wrong, we're not going to be the type that doesn't want to pay a reasonable price for the job that is being done. I will not try to talk my way into paying 10$ per song! We just want to try to save some cost by taking some of the work on our shoulders, if possible.

Anyhow, details can be discussed with whoever might be interested in working with us.

If you have a studio, or know someone that has one, send me a message. We can discuss the specifics. I speak french and english.

P.S. Also note that we're not ready to start working RIGHT NOW, but we are hoping to do this sometime this year, somewhere this fall. Therefore, by shopping now, we can save whatever money would be required. I hope this is OK.