Looking for "shoegaze" black metal

Sven Pakkanen

Ein Windir
I have a couple of Alcest albums, as well as Amesoeurs' self titled, and I want more. I also have Les Discrets' Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées and love it. Alcest can be a little too happy for me at times, especially on Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde.
I have heard of Phest, but have not purchased them yet. Are there any other bands out there like this?

Agalloch, Lifelover

lantlos and mortifera? i dunno i feel its really easy to just put in black metal bands that have a different sound. although those two bands are fucking great, especially lantlos. dark horse album of 2010

So far I'm digging Lantlos more than Lifelover. Lifelover is coming off as just weird DSBM or somthing to me. I really like moments like 3:36 and on from:

Thanks again guys keep them coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also try Fen, The Morningside and Indian Fall.

Others:
Ancestral
Aves
Liam
Onryo
Hypomanie
Svarti Loghin

:)

I have The Morningside, working on getting Fen now. And welcome to UM by the way, though I suppose it's been a few months. And thanks for helping me acquire new music. So far I'm not too sure if much of what I'm looking for is out there, but I am a musician (a lazy one, unfortunately) so I may as well make some. I think I'm going to try to create something between Les Discrets and Dawn. Sound good? The vocals will mostly be along the lines of Dawn with occasional clean sections, the guitar will be heavier and more lead based like Dawn, but there will be acoustic sections and the overall mood will be more like Les Discrets.

If you like Alcest,Les Discrets and shoegaze black metal you must listen to the first italian band doing this kind of music!
DotDotDot!!
Their upcoming split WITH SHYY will be released in January 2012! Don't miss it!

ENJOY DOTDOTDOT

http://www.myspace.com/sufferingexistance

Last edited by a moderator:
I had never heard Les Discrets before, they're so good! Now time to check out the other bands mentioned in this thread.

Deafheaven. Roads to Judah is pretty much the greatest thing in the history of "shoegaze" black metal.