okay: let's discuss this shoegaze/post-rock "black metal" thing /!\ PINKAGE ALERT /!\

i didn't think this was anything special until about 2:10

this shit is pretty great, but it sounds more like conventional black metal and death doom fused together than any kind of post-anything (which is a good thing)

edit: ok but then they start jazzing the funk out, which is pretty cool too i guess

edit 2: folks need to learn to not mix the snare so fucking loud in blastbeat sequences, it sounds like shit when the off-beat snare is more pronounced than the kick and hat/ride

Alcest's demo EP is great but it's just two songs and they went on to do some emo garbage, before admittedly pushing back the intolerable whining a little on the last album, which is actually quite nice.

i thought i disagreed with this but i have tried listening to alcest "souvenirs" in my car lately and man, this is SO FUCKING WIMPY

i wish he did not sing like a girl and that there was some element of muscle to it

ALSO:

6ocxdt.png

:(

haha

about 7 years ago I came across something pleasantly different and then something went very wrong. story of Alcest. I'll still give the upcoming one a shot, my custom status demands it.

new craft sucks supposedly (according to a friend who used to love craft a lot, personally i never thought they were very interesting so)

what i CAN tell you is the lyrics are pretty abominable

taake after bjoergvin: who cares

taake after bjoergvin: who cares

I thought his guest lines on new Helheim were ok

On topic: I get to interview Neige for the lead feature of a French magazine (not willingly but they needed someone to do it and no one stepped forward so I said ok to give a hand). So if there's anything you want to know...

Is the new Wolves in the Throne Room any good?

I don't like any of their other stuff but I keep buying it anyhow.

EDIT: It's fun for background music though. Probably not their intent.

this fits here ... i guess ...

from Les Discrets FB page ....

"I'm very surprised that yesterday's post had so many comments! Thanks a lot for your honest opinion about Les Discrets becoming possibly electro. The post was a bit spontaneous, what I actually meant is that it'll certainly turns out in a more electro way, with more electro elements. So far what I composed and recorded is also very very Trip hop. To enter a bit more in detail, my influences at the moment are Portishead, (new) Ulver, M83, epic45 etc. I'm not apologizing here, just adding some precisions so that you don't feel pissed off (or less!) !
Don't worry, Les Discrets will remain something very dark, atmospheric etc! You will certainly not be disappointed!
:)"

oh hey this is the thread where erik got mad about the arctic plateau that I mentioned

I knew you guys would do my work for my eventually, thanks!

I listened to that album maybe 2-3 times total. Waste of money. YOU WERE RIGHT ERIK

Anyway, Les Discrets could put out a trance album and it'd be better than the shit Neige tries to peddle on his own these days

i really dig the new Discrets ... more like background music though ... not many memorable tracks on it.