Looking for Some Some Brutal Technical Death Metal

SatansSon

Jul 19, 2008
In particular, I'm looking for bands along the lines of Blood Red Throne, Decapitated, Necrophagist, type bands. Fast, technical with tight riffs and low brutal vocals.

Thanks for the Banishment suggestion. I'll have to get their debut. Yeah Deeds are pretty tight too for brutal tech death.

Holy shit, I just stumbled across the new Prostitute Disfigurement Album review Descendents of Depravity, and these guys have really matured since their early releases. Their old work had some promise, but their vox used to be a total fucking joke. Their new work actually sounds pretty damn good.

http://www.myspace.com/prostitutedisfigurement

um
Vital Remains are brutal and technical. Different style than those others - more old school and raw sounding.
The Faceless.
Burning The Masses
etc

Anata - the conductors departure
Sickening Horror - when landscapes bled backwards

I guess Nile also falls into the techniqal death metal category.

Also check out Decrepit Birth.

Good stuff!

A recording of a jackhammer with someone growling. You won't know the difference.

Reactions: CiG
A recording of a jackhammer with someone growling. You won't know the difference.

Well, for sampling power tool death metal I would go with dueling chainsaws overlaid on a harley engine sound byte with someone burping and puking up bile rounding out the vocal track. The jackhammer can be mixed in for the drum solo track.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations so far. Psycroptic, Burning The Masses, Sickening Horror are all pretty damn good bands I haven't heard before.

I don't think Anata qualifies, too melodic to be brutal but very technical, yes!

The new Decrepit Birth is great stuff but why is it 8 dB quieter than every other CD?

Try Insideous Decrepancy.

And Hate Eternal, such amazingly brutal interplay between the guitars.

Brutal Tech Death/Metalcore
ASP.jpg

Well, for sampling power tool death metal I would go with dueling chainsaws overlaid on a harley engine sound byte with someone burping and puking up bile rounding out the vocal track. The jackhammer can be mixed in for the drum solo track.

But every 5 seconds it has to stop and the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard comes in (actually, that would be less annoying that the retarded sweeps).