Looking for Someone to Mix/Master A Single

This is basically a pre-pro single not like it's actually getting used on the EP. We're going to a big studio at the end of summer to record the full thing. Why would I want to blow $200 for mixing on one song that isn't gonna be on the final version?

$200 is still rather low for editing, mixing and mastering a track. About 1/3rd of what I would expect the rate to be from engineers I work with.

For the person doing the mix it's exactly the same process, time and amount of effort no matter if it's a single, album track or if you're never gonna release it. It makes no difference to the person doing the job.

This is why I laugh at people who ask me to "just do a quick mix of 30 seconds of the song" as an audition for the job. Explaining that mixing a song isn't a linear process and that song length has very little to do with the amount of work is very difficult to do.

$200 is still rather low for editing, mixing and mastering a track. About 1/3rd of what I would expect the rate to be from engineers I work with.

I dont think that is low, especially not if u do it in a home studio. I mean, 200$ for maybe a days work is more than most people earn. People who charge 1000$ per mix do it because they can (like Joey), and they got enough clients to make it possible. But it doesn't make it the standard price that everyone should pay..

I dont think that is low, especially not if u do it in a home studio. I mean, 200$ for maybe a days work is more than most people earn. People who charge 1000$ per mix do it because they can (like Joey), and they got enough clients to make it possible. But it doesn't make it the standard price that everyone should pay..

That's an absolutely valid point, I'm just speaking from experience with who I've worked with in the past and those around me who strictly mix/master.

A lot of guys with excellent mixes and some label releases charge around $300 to mix/master a song (not edit), I think for a lower level guy $200 is quite reasonable, and it could be cheaper if it were more songs like a full album (template mix for one song and then adjust automation and other details on the others). But the OP is not offering that, he's offering $75. THAT is definitely not appropriate

I agree ,Dan.
But if you look at it from different view than you'll see that it's like doing same mixing practice and get something in portfolio + get bonus $.
And on second thought (In Latvia working as policemen I have to work 24h each 1st of 4 days, counting holidays I earn 586euro in month (before taxes) = 27,346... in day, if worked standard working day) those 75$ are worth more than 2 working days in police work. I would be happy to do that work because all my original salary barely survive all bills + food.
This kinda low standard job for you is only thing that can bring me some extra $ for at least some gear, because my name isn't know that much on internet and locally... there isn't much chance to get work either. Also local places that at least have rehearsal place (what I would like to get at some point) isn't asking more than those 75$ for full job too (counting in tracking).
I would be glad to be remote engineer for something and be able get at least some work without worrying about it, than I would be able to rise my "dignity" for sure.