Looking for something like

Metallus91

New Metal Member
Dec 1, 2012
I'm looking for something that resembles the beginning of these two songs:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vq6NevcLOQ]Dream theater - Fatal tragedy [/ame] (The first 35s)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usPqh66pQaA] Dream theater - Lost not forgotten[/ame] (The first 1:43 min)

Do you know anything that has that kind of "mood" or has a piano background like that?

It can be everything; i'm looking mainly for metal but really, anything is welcome in this case. Even soundtracks from movies/games whatever, i don't care, i'm just seeking that sound somewhere.

Thanks

I think you might like classical. Especially romantic era piano composers such as Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Chopin. I'll post some dramatic piano stuff when I get a chance.

Something to get you started:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one from beethoven was good; i also knew Rachmaninoff since ages (but didn't state it in the main post).

Anyways, classical music aside, do you know any other band that uses that kind of intros or that keeps that mood for most of the time? Metal bands preferred, accompained by some melancholic/moody vocals (not necessarily sad/depressing eh, just "atmospheric").

Thanks

PS:
Another piece i like a lot is "octavarium", always from Dream Theater. I'm looking for that kind of mood and some classical background, that's it.

Thanks again

Symphony X's mellower stuff is a lot like Dream Theater but more Baroque/classical influenced:

Adagio are also very classical influenced, mixing piano and dramatic vocals:

Hmm, you like dramatic classical sounding stuff with vocals.. have you heard Mozart's Requiem?

Or Orff?

Or even, :O Opera?

More recently, Ne Obliviscaris are gaining a pretty good following, not much piano, but lots of violin, and atmospheric:

Atoma is atmospheric..:

Derek Sherinian for instrumental Piano, plus he was in DT for 5 years:

i think pathosray

they have other songs like this.