Looking for the Perpetual Motion Guys

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
I heard some of the guys from Perpetual Motion were evacuated and had lost everything. I know of a few of us who brought some books, cd's and other stuff to PP but did not meet up with them.

I have a stack of cd's to give them. :D

You guys are probably thinking of my good friends Todd and Troy Schnell? They lived in Chalmette with their families and have only recently been able to return to assess the damages. I recommend you post over at the new PM board (www.pmrising.com/pm) if you are looking for them. They are both checking it. Todd and his immediate family are in Montgomery, AL right now (near my parents, actually), and Troy and his immediate family are down in Destin, FL. Dunno more than that.
Now and Forever,
lmjh, who didn't lose anything in the storm but a nice place to crash at Todd's house...I will always remember those times with utmost fondness!

You know I was thinking about that myself. I was hanging with Todd and Troy and got the scoop with what was going on, its pretty messed up but at least they have their health and are being taken care of for the time being.

Matt when you get a hold of Todd or Troy again, can you have them send me an e-mail to bearjams@rcn.com when they get a chance, I would like to help them put back their cd collection as well. I know Todd is into alot of the same guitar stuff as I am, so maybe I can hook him up with some shreddy stuff. Thanks

Bear

Bear said:
You know I was thinking about that myself. I was hanging with Todd and Troy and got the scoop with what was going on, its pretty messed up but at least they have their health and are being taken care of for the time being.

Matt when you get a hold of Todd or Troy again, can you have them send me an e-mail to bearjams@rcn.com when they get a chance, I would like to help them put back their cd collection as well. I know Todd is into alot of the same guitar stuff as I am, so maybe I can hook him up with some shreddy stuff. Thanks

Bear

I missed meeting another Californian as well Bear....I suppose there is always next year!!! Throw in some Friedman and Becker and I'm sure he'll be happy! (my shredder picks :D )

Todd posted an account of the aftermath... him and his wife going back to see what they could salvage of their home and possessions. It's surreal to read it, and I can only imagine how much more surreal it is to live it.

I just about cried reading that...but then was greatly moved and inspired by how he's quoting verse of song..." I walk now and I'll never crawl again" something to that effect..

Hoping all in TX and LA will pull through this next bitch of a 'cane. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone. do let us know if there is anything we can do.

kittybeast said:
Hoping all in TX and LA will pull through this next bitch of a 'cane. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone. do let us know if there is anything we can do.

Gonna ride it out here in BR! The east side is where the tornados spawn, but tornados don't scare me. I'm from central Alabama where there's one every major storm ;). I really REALLY want my friends in Houston and Beaumont to be safe and have someplace to go back to. I think most of Houston will be ok, though there are some flood-prone areas.
Now and Forever,
lmjh

Thanks to everyone willing to help our friends from New Orleans. I'm not sure if they will make it over here to this board, so I'll post a mailing address for one of them. Todd does not yet have a semi-permanent play to stay, but Troy does, so here is his address:

Troy Schnell
7586 State Hwy. 20 West
Freeport, FL 32439

Let's get the Red Cross Of Metal rolling!

Thanks,
Guy