Looking to get a keyboard midi controller...How's the Axiom 49?

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
I'm looking to get a keyboard midi controller, so I can trigger key samples to add more textures to my music. I was checking out the M-Audio Axiom 49 and it looks pretty nice. Has anyone used this particular one, how did you like it?

I'm not even a piano player, but want to learn some basics so I can add some decent arrangements to my music. I plan on getting some mellotron samples. :headbang:

-Joe

I picked up an M-Audio Keystation 49e for £50 a while back. The keys are noticeably springy compared to what I'm used to but otherwise I'm very happy with it. Doesn't have many functions on the actual keyboard apart from volume, pitch and mod, but I only ever bought it for studio use and not for onstage so the extra tweaks and knobs aren't really missed for my purpose.

I picked up an M-Audio Keystation 49e for £50 a while back. The keys are noticeably springy compared to what I'm used to but otherwise I'm very happy with it. Doesn't have many functions on the actual keyboard apart from volume, pitch and mod, but I only ever bought it for studio use and not for onstage so the extra tweaks and knobs aren't really missed for my purpose.

Hey, I just checked it out and it seems like it would be more up my alley! I already have a trigger finger that I use for drum parts, so this might be a better idea. Thanks!

-Joe