Looking to get a new guitar

InfantChaos

Enemy Of Satan
Nov 6, 2007
your local deli!
Im gonna get a new guitar soon, but im not sure what i want to get.

I want to get a jackson but i dno which would give me the best thrash/melodic sound. I was looking at a kelly but im not sure if thats a decent 1 for kind of music. anyway i got around $1400 australian, which i think is about $900-$1000 american.

any suggestions?

Jackson is fine for any kind of metal. If you save about 300 more Australian dollars, you can probably afford a used USA select series Jackson, which are the top of the line Jacksons. If you really want a Jackson, and you like the Kelly shape, a KE3 model will fit in your budget http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-KE3-Kelly-Electric-Guitar?sku=511669

Those are decent bolt-on guitars, which have actually been upgraded with actual Seymour Duncan pickups, instead of the Duncan Designed that they used to have.

thrash/melodic? Lets see...a lot of melodic death guys (Amon Amarth, In Flames, etc) use Explorers. Plenty of thrash guys use 'em too. So I would recommend an explorer. If you have your heart set on a jackson, then listen to LadyValerie

my Jackson owns, you wont be dissapointed. but if your on a budget, i suggest ESP/LTD or a Schecter, and last Ibanez. any of those will give you a killer tone but... you should go to your local biggest store, set up to a mesa/marshall(whatever your preference) and play at least 10 guitars. if your looking for really heavy razor sharp tones, your gonna want your new guitar to have an emg81 pickup, but there are many duncans and even dimarzio's that sound almost as good. i just bought an ESP M1 for $1050 canadian, about 1100 american and its amazing. a little barebones but neckthrough,emg81, ebony fretboard +alder body = maybe better sounding than my $2500 Kingvee. anyway just look around and play as many through one amp as you can so you can distinguish the differences in tone but any of the makes i listed have killer guitars. have fun :)

the KE3 looks pretty nice, ill try one out soon. but im going to america next year so ill probably end up buying it while im over there, and ill have more money to buy a better one.