New Guextol-itar

ImpaledMisery666

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2003
Alabama,USA
Visit site
hey im considering getting a new guitar, i wanna get a bc rich nj 2003 warlock or a jackson ke33, or maybie a jackson warrior xt, even considering an exp but i dont know what would you guys use for speed, death, thrash metal?

Meh...I would get anything but the BC Rich, I can't stand those. Go with a Jackson, either the KE, or the Warrior, but I really think the warrior is pretty ugly. ESP's are too expensive, and all the numetallers use them nowadays, so Id go Jackson.

Jackson is really good value for the money. But as with all guitars in that price range, there may be bad apples.

If at all possible, check the guitar out before you put down the cash. If you order online, check out the return policy in advance.

Check so the finish is even - especially around the neck pocket area. If the neck has binding, make sure it's also evenly bound all the way. There should be no gaps around the inlays and the frets should sit flat against the fretboard surface. Check the guitar for cracks, etc.

Test play it without having it plugged in and make sure there's no buzzing or dead spots anywhere on the fretboard.

And finally, if it comes with those Duncan Designed cheapo pickups, you may want to replace them sometime. Some people say the EMG-HZ that come with some of the MG-series models are on par with real Duncans, but that is surely a matter of opinion.

'bane

Here I came to help give some advice, but Sunbane came and said everything I could think of...
bastard :D

GL with your axe, and regardless, just make sure you like the feel and the sound of it. Otherwise its not worth the money.

Also, you may or may not want to look into Ibanez electrics. I have been playing on a cheepo starter Ibanez (G10) and it has played great and held its tone well for four years, for $150 bucks.

Anyway Rock On