I want to get a new guitar

arkard

New Metal Member
Sep 2, 2004
Im thinking about either getting a bc rich bronze warlock or a bc rich mockingbird. Which would you guys recommend. Also if you cant recommend either of those what kind f guitar would be best for heavy metal like slayer or cannibal corpse. please keep in mind i can only spend about $150 (yeah i know that sucks) thank you.

well, considering both bands use B.C. Rich, that would make sense to use that same equipment, but id go for an Ibanez personally. i got mine for $200, a little steep from what your talking about, but its a great guitar for that money. but, thats not what you asked. i think that at that price range, either of those B.C. Riches are gonna sound about the same, so its more of what body style you like more or are more comfortable with.

true! the BC Rich guitars of the same series (Bronze for example) all have the same equipment (PUs, trem, wood, ........) so the only difference is the body-shape. the sound-differences will be VERY small (if not unnoticable)

Metal is Religion said:
well, considering both bands use B.C. Rich, that would make sense to use that same equipment, but id go for an Ibanez personally. i got mine for $200, a little steep from what your talking about, but its a great guitar for that money. but, thats not what you asked. i think that at that price range, either of those B.C. Riches are gonna sound about the same, so its more of what body style you like more or are more comfortable with.

I agree with this guy. Ibanez doesn't really have that hard look like the BC Rich stuff, but bang for the buck, Ibanez is hard to beat. I have a cheap Korean made one I bought at a pawn shop for $100 bucks and it is the most versatile guitar I have ever owned. I have had the thing forever and except for the hardware rusting, I have never had one problem with it except eventually wearing out the frets which is normal considering how much it has been played. If "the look" is important to you, by all means get a BC Rich, but I have found the playability of the lower end stuff not to be so great compared to comparatively priced Ibanez.

bryant