Getting a new guitar.

arkard

New Metal Member
Sep 2, 2004
Im not sure if this is the right thread to post this in so sorry if its not. Im thinking about either getting a bc rich bronze warlock or a bc rich mockingbird. Which would you guys recommend. and please none of the you should get (insert guitar name here)instead posts. Thank you

bronze series is crap. if your gonna get bc rich, dont buy anything less than platinum pro. trust me, youll save yourself alot of problems.

if this is your first guitar id stay away from bcrich all together. get a schecter. great guitars for a good price
~gR~

Posting this in the musician's discussion forum, might do you some justice.

Though if this is your first guitar, stray far away from BC Rich. I think the Bronze series is crap, go for the NJ series since it's still affordable and sounds better as a whole. I also like Mockingbirds better than the Warlocks. I use Jacksons, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask about BC Richs.

well Im learning stuff like metallica and black sabbath and also i want tio learn some iether slayer or cannibal corpse or any black metal. so kinda all types. And if you guys dont suggest bc rich then what would u suggest. and i cant afford very much like 150 is my limit(i know it sucks) but maybe later in the years ill modify it so whats a good starter metal guitar?

wow. what a price range.. lol. well this one generally goes for a lil bit more, but do a google search on this one here :

Ibanez GSA20

my friend owns one.. ( i think it was that one) and he plays pantera-esqued hardcore music with the noisey leads and shit. doesnt buzz to much even crunched out to the max.

i actually did find one in ur price range, but its not as good as GSA20.

here... http://www.kellyindustries.com/guitars/ibanez_grx20.html

click the pic and it takes u to some other site with the price.

150 bucks? go on ebay and look up the ESP m100. or if you like 7 strings (like i do) the M107. i got my M107 for 100 off ebay. good starter guitar. nothing fancy, but gets the job done. i did alot of writing on it, but i just got a new jackson ke7, so im sellin it. they arent hard to come by, so just keep your eyes open
~gR~

150 bucks? Wow...

I guess you have two options. You can get a squier strat or something similar for cheap, and it won't break. The sound won't be the best but it will work. Or you can try ebay.

I bought my epiphone sg on sale at guitar center for only 300 bucks or so and it performs ok, though I wish the neck was a bit faster.

Pretending for a second that you didn't have such a limit price wise, I would second the schecter. I'm also a big fan of DeArmond and they run around the same price. You really can't get an extremely nice guitar for any less then 800 bucks.

I know its a bad price range but its all i got now. And most of its coming from selling my current copy of a fender strat. but who knows if i find someone who doesnt know much maybe i can rip em off for a little more. But hanks for your guys help i guess ill be looking on ebay then. or if anyone knows a good online store that sells used guitars that would be helpful.

ok i found a shecter omen 6 on ebay for 150 bucks is this a pretty good guitar for metal and stuff if it is ill probably get it.

arkard said:
ok i found a shecter omen 6 on ebay for 150 bucks is this a pretty good guitar for metal and stuff if it is ill probably get it.
I would suggest going to a guitar shop first and trying one out. That's about a 450 dollar guitar but I doubt you'll see it actually retail at that. So you would be saving some but be sure you like the guitar before you buy it.

schecters are awesome. i havnt played one i didnt like. i plan on gettin one of their aviators soon (since im in the air force and they have USAF at the 12th fret)
~gR~

Id love to try it out but if u live where i live u would realize thats not an option. hence the reason i made this topic.