Looking to upgrade hardware on my Les Paul

You should have saved up more and went for the custom model. Probably best quality Epiphone model IMO. Anyways, I would keep the Grovers and just look into to getting a tonepros bridge. My two cents.

If I was you, I'd have a custom bone nut installed...(or graphite, your preference!). Have your tech cut it specifically for your gauge of strings and you should be good.

I'm having this done to my Les Paul tomorrow. I also bought some Grover locking Rotomatics. They are 18:1 ratio! Can't wait.

-Joe

I don't have a tech, I don't play in a band or live at all. But thanks for the idea.

You should have saved up more and went for the custom model. Probably best quality Epiphone model IMO. Anyways, I would keep the Grovers and just look into to getting a tonepros bridge. My two cents.

The guitar was bought used as a guitar to have while my main one was having work done on it (was having withdrawl symptoms!). I'll look into getting the Tone-Pro's bridge. I was just thinking what I could upgrade to make it a nice spec'd guitar.

I had also tuning problems in my Epi Les Paul Std. The soft plastic nut was the culprit. Swapped it to Graphtech tusq nut and now it stays in tune very well. Also changed bridge to Tonepros and pickups to Seymor Duncans. The Tonepros bridge has a lot more space to move the saddles so I could tune to C-tuning. Now it's in E standard tho, sounded better and clearer in that tuning. Later added a push/pull pot for splitting pickups and now the Epi is my favourite guitar.

Is that using the Sperzel Trim-Lok? And is that a Les Paul Standard? Because I've heard the Customs might have different post sizes, etc.

Nope, just regular old Sperzel locking tuners. And it's a les paul standard, the post size is an exact replacement. Like i said just drill a tiny hole with the provided stencil and you're good to go.