Looks like M-A got hacked...

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
Check out Darkthrone and Metallica's discographies. I'm wondering who else got hit.

Well, I supposed hacked may not be the right word, but that's the first time I've seen that kind of spam there.

it takes only about 5minutes to create a new account and add fakes albums you know, anybody can do it.

I guess that must be the case. I suppose I thought only veterans could add that sort of stuff. I would think such abuse would be more commonplace otherwise.

But yeah, things have been running decently for the last month or so.

I use metal-archives quite a lot. However, its a shame to see them allow so many immature & childish reviews being posted on that site. :err:

And why is Killswitch Engage on M-A now? I though this site was against having -core bands?

I'm getting sick of these Cannot connect to the database messages that pop up when I try to go there. Always does it when I'm actually trying to look for something. Though it seems to work quite fine whenever I just simply wish to browse through random bands. But I guess I can say it's working a lot better than it used to.

you cannot connect because there is too much people for the number of server they're using.

I just checked it out, It looks like they fixed it, but I could have just looked over it.... damn, I wanted to see that.

It must have been a drunkard playing a joke on someone because you have to have alot of addition/reviews/points to be able to add albums, unless you are adding a band.

"It must have been a drunkard playing a joke on someone because you have to have alot of addition/reviews/points to be able to add albums, unless you are adding a band."

you're wrong, you need 0 points to be able to add albums.

VampyrRose said:
I use metal-archives quite a lot. However, its a shame to see them allow so many immature & childish reviews being posted on that site. :err:

And why is Killswitch Engage on M-A now? I though this site was against having -core bands?

KsE should be in metal archives. They were worthy of being called metal at one time.

Othala said:
I'm getting sick of these Cannot connect to the database messages that pop up when I try to go there. Always does it when I'm actually trying to look for something. Though it seems to work quite fine whenever I just simply wish to browse through random bands. But I guess I can say it's working a lot better than it used to.
I reckon it can detect whether you're a casual browser or someone in need of some hard facts - If the latter, connection fails! ;)