Lopez's cymbals?

Hi, welcome to Opeth's forum. :)

Buy yourself a copy of Opeth's DVD, "Lamentations" recorded at Shepherds Bush Empire and see Lopez's drum kit in action, also the documentry at the end of the live show has some nice footage of the guys in relaxation and creative mode...

Enjoy!

I think there was a thread like this so you might want to use the search function - you'll find everything you need

About a yr ago someone posted a photo of Lopez' drum set-up.

They were def Sabian, maybe AA ??

Would the studio cymbals be different than the ones used on the road ???

kit23.jpg

Detric said:

That is a totally awesome kit you have there.

I have the 6", 2 - 8", 10" and splash, 14", 16" 18" 20" crash, 22" ping ride, 18" and 16" china, the zil bell, and 14" high hats. I think they are the best sounding cymbals out there. They rock. I will have to take a pic of my kit and post it.

Don't you just dig your roc-n-soc throne. IMO it give me a good twenty more minutes of playtime because of less fatigue. I have the dw 9000's double bass pedal, and they just scream fast. I have tried the cobras, the axis longboards, and the pearl ones, and would not take any of them over them for any price.

Mix

Led Opeth said:
LOL ITS MY KIT!!!...where did you find that pic?..btw did anyone notice those pics of Bush on the wall?

Is that the 8 10 12 14 Redish finish Gretsch kit that goes for like 1,200$ ? If so I have the same exact set! Hands down the best drum kit ever created.

Well seems to be your lucky day. I happened to buy the edition of modern drummer with Lopez and a few other metal drummers featured in it and it breaks down his kit in detail. Here goes...

All Sabian if you didn't know:

20" Radia Chinese
14" AA Regular hi-hat
16" El Sabor crash
18" AAX Dark crash
7" Max splash
9" Max splash
11" Max splash
18" HHX Studio crash
21" Hand Hammered ride (vintage model)
20" HHX Chinese
14" Hand Hammered Mini chinese
19" AAXplosion crash

You're welcome.

edit: This came from the August 2004 issue so it might have changed since then, but I doubt it.

Bierbommetje said:
lol @ the bush and slipknot pics
yes lol i was digging on the whole black and white thing with those slipcock pics (not a fan)...and im a fan of bush.

Black Rain said:
Is that the 8 10 12 14 Redish finish Gretsch kit that goes for like 1,200$ ? If so I have the same exact set! Hands down the best drum kit ever created.

negative, it is a Premier Artist Maple kit, the 10,12,14 version of it goes for around $1,200, but i also got the 8 16, and 14 inch Modern Classic Maple Snare, for the whole Lopezesque kit..i think ive acheived it

and this is a sexier angle of the kit....
kit1.jpg

I've searched everywhere and I cannot find the cymbal setup for ghost reveries. I have a list from 2004 but I wanted his last setup.