Lopez's drumset

Double bass drums (!), some ordinary other stuff and...
...LOTS of small cymbals!!!

:Spin: :hotjump: :Spin:

Look here:

www.opeth.com
then click...
/various/pictures/2003/US-Canadian tour/Toronto

How is that even possible. Lopez doesnt have his own distinct style, hes just like one of those drumming legends who can play just about everything. Danney carey has his own thing going on and its so unique....He should just do me.

It's the blend. Nobody else has such an overall blend to their drumming. There's so much fucking groove with Lopez, all the time. Hoglan can rip faster, but he can't groove like Martin. Carey can be exotic, and do fucky, interesting stuff, but he can't rip like Martin. Martin has it all, and he incorporates styles of playing into progressive death metal that aren't the stereotypical 'expected' styles. He's a total revalation, on every record, all the time.

Is that enough, or do you want me to try again? :D

Thing is though, if you ever go to a drum show you see many trained drummers that can do all this. so there are alot of people that do sound like him, from what ive heard at these places (Music live etc). But Danney Carey just cannot be beaten for originality and his way of fitting stuff with Tool. Plus apparently on the next Tool album we will be able to hear his version of the style that dave lombardo uses, as i read in an interview he was reletivley inspired by him.

Well, i think we hit the nail on the head with lombardo, because he is better than lopez or the drummer for Tool. Dont get me wrong, they are both awesome bands and Opeth is my fav for sure, but i think dave is a better drummer!