Lord Worm out of Cryptopsy? (thread for sk8erboi)

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Is LORD WORM Out of CRYPTOPSY Again???

Added Monday, April 23
Added By: Lord of the Wasteland

Cryptopsy is currently looking to audition candidates to fill the positions of Singer/Front man and Keyboardist/Sampler.

Singers must be able to sing in clean voice, on pitch, and also be able to scream/growl. If you are motivated and would like to try out please e-mail the band at crymusic@hotmail.com. If you have a criminal record please don’t bother contacting the band, this means you can’t tour.

IMPORTANT
When e-mailing us YOU MUST tell us your age, the city you are from and your experience.

Afterwords send CDs of you singing or playing the keyboard at this adress.

CRYPTOPSY
2000 NOTRE DAME EST, SUITE 501
MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC, CANADA
H2K 2N3
Source: http://www.cryptopsy.net

well, lol.

kinda glad too. I hope they'll find a good vocalist for once. I mean, Lord Worm was good on their first 2 albums, but right now he's pretty "mehish"

Btw larf, what's up? Haven't seen you around in a long time.

Cryptopsy should probably break up, I dont think they will ever find a frontman comprable to him. Perhaps there is some legitimate reasoning but Cryptopsy just isnt Cryptopsy without Lord Worm, for me at least. I dont think he's lost much at all to be honest. His vocals were face meltingly awesome on Once was Not, even if his prime was None so Vile.

I like Lord Worm's vocals for the most part, but sometimes they can get on my nerves, especially his high screams. Sounds like a girl getting raped sometimes... :lol:

Cryptopsy is definitely Cryptopsy without Lord Worm. That guy has to be the single-most overrated vocalist in death metal ever. I'm not going to say DiSalvo was better, but he was way more entertaining at least. His vocals fit the music of the albums he was on much better than Worm's would have.

Cryptopsy is definitely NOT Cryptopsy without Jon, the old guitarist. His departure was the beginning of the end for them. That's not to say they aren't just as good without him. Just better with him.

Personally, I'm glad Worm is gone, he was boring and annoying on stage. Pretty weird individual too. What worries me now is that they're looking for someone who can "sing in clean voice."

When that happens, Cryptopsy will never be Cryptopsy again.

He was one of the most interesting guys I ever met honestly, but c'est la vie. I really couldnt enjoy Whisper Supremacy or And then You'll beg as much mostly due to Disalvo personally.

It did feel weird seeing them live without Jon, and I have to admit the last album took a while to grow on me, although I ended up loving it.
But after having a religous experience with Cryptopsy via being "unbaptized" by Lord Worm himself I'll always hold him in high regard.

A polarizing man none the less, viva la subjectivity.

He was one of the most interesting guys I ever met honestly, but c'est la vie. I really couldnt enjoy Whisper Supremacy or And then You'll beg as much mostly due to Disalvo personally.

It did feel weird seeing them live without Jon, and I have to admit the last album took a while to grow on me, although I ended up loving it.
But after having a religous experience with Cryptopsy via being "unbaptized" by Lord Worm himself I'll always hold him in high regard.

A polarizing man none the less, viva la subjectivity.
He just struck me as the kind of guy who takes his job as a death metal singer way too seriously. I've only met him on occasion one time very briefly, and he was very nice. I have no bad opinions of him personally, he just seemed sort of lost in a serious death metal singer daze. Hard to explain.

Personally my favorite Cryptopsy singer has been Martin LaCroix. That dude was badass and totally pissed off on stage.

yeah, too bad one of the main reasons for him leaving was his lack of skills with the English language (I remember reading that he couldn't communicate with the crowd like Lord Worm or Disalvo could) He delivered pretty good vocals besides that.

He just struck me as the kind of guy who takes his job as a death metal singer way too seriously. I've only met him on occasion one time very briefly, and he was very nice. I have no bad opinions of him personally, he just seemed sort of lost in a serious death metal singer daze. Hard to explain.

Personally my favorite Cryptopsy singer has been Martin LaCroix. That dude was badass and totally pissed off on stage.

The first time I met him I got that impression somewhat too. To a degree though Cryptopsy has always felt like a much more serious death metal band to me. From talking to him it sounded as if he took alot of things seriously as well. The second time he seemed more amicable, a little soft spoken, and perhaps a tad intoxicated.

Shpongled said:
Cryptopsy is definitely NOT Cryptopsy without Jon, the old guitarist. His departure was the beginning of the end for them. That's not to say they aren't just as good without him. Just better with him.
QFT.

Cryptopsy is definitely Cryptopsy without Lord Worm. That guy has to be the single-most overrated vocalist in death metal ever. I'm not going to say DiSalvo was better, but he was way more entertaining at least. His vocals fit the music of the albums he was on much better than Worm's would have.

Personally, I'm glad Worm is gone, he was boring and annoying on stage. Pretty weird individual too. What worries me now is that they're looking for someone who can "sing in clean voice."

When that happens, Cryptopsy will never be Cryptopsy again.

Seconded.