Lordi for Bloodstock 03?

LeeWill

Magicman
Jan 28, 2003
UK
www.vivid-i.net
Hey, has anyone else heard this band yet? I've only just discovered them but I think they'd make a perfect addition to the Bloodstock band list. Looks like they put on a great show too. If u havn't heard them yet, imagine a cross between Alice Cooper and Kiss and you're pretty much there. Or, on the other hand you could try some sound samples :p

http://www.lordi.org

Lordi should definitely play Bloodstock 03.

I would pay the entire Bloodstock entrance fee, just to see them, even if they were the only band playing.

Lordi got 97/100 from TWO of the reviewers at Metalreveiws.com
the site has given them a nomination for the album of the year award already. Click here to read what the boys at metalreviews.com had to say.

They were #1 in Finland for several weeks, beating NIGHTWISH (The headliners of this years festival!!!) to the top spot.

Lordi playing would be a real coup for Bloodstock. The way I see it they should book these guys now while they're still cheap. The fees Lordi will be able to ask for in a couple of years time will be huge.

If Lordi achieve their potential, people will say in years to come "I saw Lordi at the Bloodstock festival Derby Assembly rooms in 2003 before they were big, you wouldn't see them in a venue that small these days"

These guys are incredibly stupendously theatrical, their live show sounds amazing according to this article.

Their music is just amazing, so anthemic - almost everyone who hears them mentions Kiss and Alice Cooper when describing the songs.

For more info and to check out the all-important sound files (they're in the music section) go to Lordi.org .

There is further information at Drakkar.com - Lordi's label for Germany.

Stormwarrior, like Dave said, the band can be pretty much compared to kiss. But darker, and maybe a bit heavier (the Alice Cooper influence). Hard rock/metal with catchy choruses. Their last couple of shows have been total sellouts. I recommend you try out some of their sound samples and see what you think.

Originally posted by MentaLee
Hmmm, looking at their site i keep on thinking to myself.................GWAR!!

That was my instant reaction on seeing their outfits too.

I thought "A band that spends that ammount of effort on STYLE probably doesn't have the SUBSTANCE to back it up."

Then I heard the music, it's incredible.

The music is like KISS meets Alice Cooper with hints of Twisted Sister and White Zombie.

Wheras GWAR were a 2nd rate thrash band, Lordi are one of the best new bands I've heard in a long time. I haven't been this psyched about a band since PRIMAL FEAR.

Originally posted by LeeWill
Stormwarrior, like Dave said, the band can be pretty much compared to kiss. But darker, and maybe a bit heavier (the Alice Cooper influence). Hard rock/metal with catchy choruses. Their last couple of shows have been total sellouts. I recommend you try out some of their sound samples and see what you think.

Interesting me think that this band may have to be checked out!