Lordi

Alex78 said:
oh great, Lordi sure help to get metal a better image...
even if it's meant to be ironic. people won't care, as most of them have never been confronted with some really _good_ metal
Demons....Demons of the Fall!!!!

Here is the press conference after the win for Finland.:kickass:
Still a shit track though :zombie: , but 1000 light years better than the rest of the crap.
Makes me proud to be a European.

“How weird is this? How cool is this?” said lead singer Mr Lordi, at a press conference minutes after his hard rock band Lordi had won the 51st Eurovision Song Contest. “Think about it, a rock band just won a pop song contest. This is weird, strange, interesting. This is for all rock fans, hard rock fans, metal fans and Kiss fans. And we didn’t just win – we won it for Finland.”

He then sang the chorus of Lithuania entry, ‘We Are The Winners’.

“We won the contest, looking like this,” he said. “It just goes to show that Europe is not such a bad place.”

He admitted that the idea of competing in the contest was a new one. “We never even thought of joining,” he said. “The Finnish Eurovision board called us and asked us to join the selection contest. We said, ‘Are you sure you’ve got the right number?’ We decided to do it just to promote our album. And then we got 42% of the vote!”

Describing his triumph a “a victory not just for Finland and us but for rock fans and open-mindedness”, he said that he hoped it would lead to greater musical diversity in future.

“From now on, hopefully Eurovision fans will accept more different musical styles than just pop and ballads,” he said. “I hope more rock and metal bands join Eurovision.”

Mr Lordi also took the opportunity to dispel misconceptions about his band. “For the millionth time, we’re not Satanists or devil worshippers,” he said. “This is entertainment. The masks are like our calling card and we’ll never perform without them. It would be like Santa Claus handing a child his gifts and Christmas time and then pulling off his beard and saying, ‘By the way, I’m your father…’”

Finland’s head of delegation added: “You will find that the Finnish are very hospitable people. We welcome you all to our country in 2007. Welcome, welcome, welcome!”