Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground

froosch

Low Talker
Jan 22, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Has anyone read this? I'm about 80 pages in, I think. It's a really amazing book. For anyone who doesn't know, it's mostly about the uprising of Norwegian Black Metal and the crime wave that came with it, with Varg Vikernes and Euronymous and stuff. If anyone hasn't read this, I highly suggest you look into it.

Its a pretty mainstream book I think, I dont see why you wouldnt be able to find it at amazon.com or a local bookstore/barnes n noble type place.

I've been interested in reading it, but I never seem to be able to force myself to sit down and read so I'm not sure I'd read it, even if I did have it :p

My friend got this book recently, he's been raving about it. He said in one chapter they start to talk about like alien theories and shit, it gets really in depth.

Yeah Final_Vision, I also find reading to be a difficult thing to dedicate oneself to. A book like Lords Of Chaos would be a little bit easier to read though because the stuff actually piques my interest, but I still think that if I bought it it would just sit on the shelf the whole time.

I borrowed it from someone at school. I do think that it's worth buying though, even though it is like 20 bucks US.

I normally have trouble reading straight through a book, but I can't get enough of this. If you can get it from a library or something, you might want to give it a shot, and you probably won't be able to put it down.

I have the Lord of the Rings triology that I got for Christmas. The movie trilogy are some of my all time favorite movies, but I cant force myself to sit down and read it! I got maybe a 100 pages into it and I haven't read it in maybe 3 weeks.

I'm just so busy that when I DO find time to do something, its usually guitar or net :tickled:

I'm a l00zer :(

Lords Of Chaos is interesting to read but basically it's about stupidity :rolleyes:

Lord Of The Rings however is great fun to read :loco: and it's all about how to write a novel in a very (word-)extensive way without getting too boring :hotjump:
and i will start a follow-up story - 2000 years after the war, hahaha!!

It is very interesting. I haven't read it all cause my friend that has it is borrowing it out to others, but what I have read is cool. It covers stuff you would never know and it talks about black metal history.

I just wish they would cover some Swedish stuff, such as Jon Nodtveidt.