Lost to Apathy thoughts

Sedrik

Nov 18, 2004
Sweden
So how many of you have listened to it? Mind sharing your opinions while waiting for Character.

Lost to Apathy: Good track but do I smeel speed metal? Anyway my first impression of it was that it was to much like dt's old albums. It was sad as I think that the new ones are the best.

Derivation TNB: Best track on the EP! I love it. Slow, calm and yet so dark it's simply wounderfull. My guess is that TNB stands for The New Build so I'm looking forward to listening to that track from the album :)

The endless feed (Chaos seed remix): Quite good. Not what i expected from dt but they can surprise you in every way. Very different from everything else I have heard from dt. Interesting!

Undo Control (live): Not much to say, a live version of the old and nice song. Makes me long for the tour even more.

Your thoughts?

i've to listen to it more and more to express my thoughts about it cos this is my approach to a new cd (from every band,i mean).a new album never strikes me at first (except for a very few ones,like whoracle or the haunted made me do it) :)
dunno why!

Sedrik said:
Lost to Apathy: Good track but do I smeel speed metal? Anyway my first impression of it was that it was to much like dt's old albums. It was sad as I think that the new ones are the best.

to me it feels like a combination of the mind's i (at some parts quite much, especially guitars + vocals) and damage done.
and even though i also think their (three) latest albums are their best i wouldn't count lost to apathy as sounding like "old dt". hopefully not the best song on character, but i'm not disappointed.

Sedrik said:
Derivation TNB: Best track on the EP! I love it. Slow, calm and yet so dark it's simply wounderfull. My guess is that TNB stands for The New Build so I'm looking forward to listening to that track from the album :)
it hasn't grewn on me quite yet, but i have a feeling i'll like it a lot once it has. and it does stand for the new build, so stop guessing. :p

Sedrik said:
The endless feed (Chaos seed remix): Quite good. Not what i expected from dt but they can surprise you in every way. Very different from everything else I have heard from dt. Interesting!
actually, i don't see why people are surprised. it sounds pretty much like I had expected it to. after all, we knew it'd be a remix, and dt hasn't been afraid of using electronics for quite some years now so it's not that huge a difference, really. sounds a bit like something that could have been on haven, i think.

Sedrik said:
Undo Control (live): Not much to say, a live version of the old and nice song. Makes me long for the tour even more.
even an old and nice version of it... so i agree, not much to say. and since i listen to music through my computer, i exclude it from the playlist when listening do the LtA ep.

@rahvin: well, i like the original if you don't like it quote better, but you're the moderator, so i'll shut up. :p

i enjoy lost to apathy a lot. the song, i mean. i haven't listened to the other ones properly yet. and i love the "speed metal" riff... well, aside from the fact that i am laughing with the effort of picturing DT in antique leather gear bought from the former members of Accept...

i will report back with more serious comments when i've gotten acquainted with this record a wee bit better.

I don't have it yet..
Do you all feel special? :D Ah?!
..ya basta'ds

Well.. I did hear 'Lost to Apathy'. And from what I remember, it was not too shabby.. though nothing groundbraking or much different/experimental (Which doesn't have to be a bad thing)

rahvin said:
this is now the official lta thread of this board
Ah good!
You know I would not have dared to type a single character in this thread otherwise
wink.gif

LtA: A Damage done-song gets rescued by The Mind's I.

Derivation TNB: Foreboding, like if it was the calm before the storm. Mikael's voice is even more abyssal when in contrast to the calm music. Very cool and good song.

The endless feed: Don't know yet.

Well for me as a young dt fan I haven't spend that much time listening to the older albums since I tend to chooice the ones that I like the most (mainly new ones). Also my playlist is quite long so I don't listen to random old dt tracks so often.

@Sedrik: You should really get into The Mind's I, since I take it you listen to Projector from your sig.. you'll appreciate both sides of Dark and Tranquillity then, cuz their new sound is like a mix of old and new I guess.

i listened to it only once and the impression i got isn't that good. the songs seem too ordinary, i expect something more from this band and i hope on 'character' the songs will be different from each other and from previous albums. then again, i change opinion quite easily and the next time i hear it i might state it's the most beautiful piece of music ever written. :p

I thought it was good. Too good actually, and since the style of the 2 extra tracks is so different and unique, i honestly think its actually setting me up for a disappointment with Character.

And why is everyone so affraid of Rahvin? He's the same guy really. I can honestly tell him to go fuck himself and guess what? he would just ignore it, no ban, no threats, no persecussion.

You people have a distastefull obsession to kiss up anyone with authority.