Lost to the Living nearly complete

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
The end of the recording sessions for our new album "Lost to the Living" draws near. Barre and Egan worked solid hammering out the clean guitar and bass guitar the past few weeks and Egan finished up his clean vocal duties a few days ago as well. Atmospherics such as subtle keys are also finished, leaving only a few bowed bass sections and Nathan's vocals remaining. Shortly after we'll send the material to Jens Bogren at Fascintion Street Studios in Sweden who will spend about 8 days mixing and mastering the material. Everyone is pleased to hear the album finally coming closer to the final form. View a short video containing odds and ends from recent studio sessions below.

We expect final dates and details regarding the Candlemass tour in May/June to trickle in soon. As soon as we hear anything new, we'll pass that along.

View the video here: http://www.vimeo.com/639346

That one might have been it actually.. since everything is basically done. Maybe one more.

I have a bunch of footage from our previous tour with Moonspell/Katatonia and plan on getting more with Candlemass and any other tours that arise in the future.. but a releasing a DVD is something that's up to Candlelight..

I do not think that I will be checking out that video. After hearing the amazing acoustic riffing on the video before this one twice, I decided to not watch it again, or any videos that follow. If I hear things too much, or even once, it somewhat ruins that initially feeling of hearing it for the first time. When Arch Enemy posted a video from their recording sessions, I had heard it so many times that when I finally heard the album, I was numb to that particular track. If I had never heard it, hearing it for the first time on the actual album would have been amazing. Kind of my own fault I guess, but oh well.

I cannot wait to hear the finished product. Is there a tentative release timeframe?

I do not think that I will be checking out that video. After hearing the amazing acoustic riffing on the video before this one twice, I decided to not watch it again, or any videos that follow. If I hear things too much, or even once, it somewhat ruins that initially feeling of hearing it for the first time. When Arch Enemy posted a video from their recording sessions, I had heard it so many times that when I finally heard the album, I was numb to that particular track. If I had never heard it, hearing it for the first time on the actual album would have been amazing. Kind of my own fault I guess, but oh well.

I cannot wait to hear the finished product. Is there a tentative release timeframe?

I know what you're referring to here.. and that's something I'm personally always sensitive about.. are even these 4-5 second clips of recording giving away some of the magic and unexplored territory that occurs with the first listen of the album? I guess that's always a risk, and probably varies from person to person.. so staying clear of the video might be a good idea for some..

As far as a release date.. we're delivering the final product in March, and Candlelight says the release date will be June 2008.. but we're really hoping we can be preselling them on tour with Candlemass..

I know what you're referring to here.. and that's something I'm personally always sensitive about.. are even these 4-5 second clips of recording giving away some of the magic and unexplored territory that occurs with the first listen of the album? I guess that's always a risk, and probably varies from person to person.. so staying clear of the video might be a good idea for some..

As far as a release date.. we're delivering the final product in March, and Candlelight says the release date will be June 2008.. but we're really hoping we can be preselling them on tour with Candlemass..

Sounds good about the release date. Much earlier than I would have expected for some reason, but very great news.

I used to be a leak downloader years ago, but last year, I stopped doing that. I would sometimes listen to tracks from bands if they put them on myspace, or their site, but I no longer do that either. I want to hear everything on the album for the very first time. This year is offering many releases that I am looking forward to, and I cannot wait for one of the bands to finally put something out. Who knows who the first band may be. Bloodbath?:err:

Watching the videos after you guys release the album would be just as cool as checking them out before the album is put out. So, I will check them out once the album is in my hands, and pleasuring my ears. As for now, I will read what you post, and sit anxiously for Lost to the Living. Great title by the way. Do you guys collectively come up with the album title, as well as track titles?