lotr

Yesss!!!! it was awesome, ive seen it twice till now, and im gonna see it one more time at least.

but there were a few things i didnt like, Like the weird effect on Galadriel when frodo offered her the ring, and Lothlorien was handled too fast, Galadriel did not speak to anyone except Frodo at all...:(

Luckily those scene had been filmed and will be included in the DVD !

Originally posted by Belial
I didn't understand that thing with Galadriel either.

Did anyone else find it funny how Bilbo snapped at Frodo when he showed him the ring? I was half freak, then I just started laughing.

I have to say this movie met every expectation I had. Even though those expectations were extremely high. This movie is probaly the best thing ever put on film and it was only the first three hours of a nine hour movie.
There was only two things that seemed kind of wrong and that is the two things Belial mentioned. I understand the bilbo one. Hell, in one instance they got the point completely across. The Galadriel thing was way overdone though. In my opionion they could of done without those cheesy specail effects there. I can't really complain though. Humans make mistakes. No movie is perfect but Fellowship of the Rings is the closest i've ever seen to perfection.

God... after Gandalf perished... what an amazing scene... the deafening quiet... you couldn't even hear anyone breathe in the theater... i almost cried... wow... what a powerful movie... and the galadriel thing IS in the book... just not quite to that extreme... so is the Bilbo scene.

I might go watch this today.
How's the music? I'm probably gonna pick up the soundtrack soon, expecially if it sounds like Hans Zimmers' work. Yesterday I was flipping through some radio stations and on a classical station a lady was interviewing the guy who made the music for the movie. I didn't know he was canadian.. cool.. eh! :D

Yeah I saw it on opening night, not even half the theater was filled. It was a great film thats for sure. I am debating going to see it again tonight.

I was pissed when people in the theater started laughing when Gandalf died. Heartless bastards.

I'm so glad I know what happens next. The return of the king is gonna be AWSOME! Just so you know. Gollum does play a HUGE roll later in the story. Not going to say what that is. ;)

Funny thing is, most of the people in the theater with me didn't read the book. When the movie ended, a lot of them was like "That's it? What a rip off!" while those who read the books were like "That was so beautiful". :lol:

Yeah Belial! That was hallarious I was already going toward the door right before it ended and most of them had not read the book and were saying all these curse words when it ended. That was funny!

The thing about Galadriel in the movie was, that they made her look like some "evil sorceress" to people who havent read the book !

and it didnt seem like she helped the fellowship at all, or had any good intensions, which is truly the case. thats why i was pissed about it....i heard people talking on the way out of the movie about the "evil witch from the wood", pissed me off !
Galadriel is SO not evil.

Originally posted by Soulreaper
The thing about Galadriel in the movie was, that they made her look like some "evil sorceress" to people who havent read the book !

and it didnt seem like she helped the fellowship at all, or had any good intensions, which is truly the case. thats why i was pissed about it....i heard people talking on the way out of the movie about the "evil witch from the wood", pissed me off !
Galadriel is SO not evil.

yep, Galadriel is the weak point of the movie ... even when she is presented, before we saw her, we have only Gimli (normal in his point of view) saying it is a evil enchantress (probably not the words, but i have only seen the french version ... but i am going to see the english one (with subtitles) in 5 hours now :p) where are the point of view of Legolas (who do nothing in that movie) ?

but with the missing scenes (i have even heard rumors about the Old Forest in the director's cut, is that true, have really Jackson filmed that knowing it will costs much (some FX are required) and take so much time he would'nt include it in the movie) which will be included in the DVD, the movie will be still closest of the perfection :)