Lotsa Chris News!

Darin J Moore

May 7, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Check out the may 2010 Guitar World. Not only does it feature a lengthy article on Chris with various pics, but also includes a cd-rom where Chris talks about his formative years/techniques and offers a prelude lesson to his forth coming Guitar World column 'Chaos Theory' which begins next month. Also a new Dimarzio ad which I had yet to see as well as a transcription to "Dialectic Chaos".

Also check out the series of lessons @ http://www.playthisriff.com/ with video and tab.

Interview @ MamasFallenAngels.com:http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/forum/topics/mfa-interview-with-chris

A good time to be a Broderick fan!!!

Hell yes! I read that article a few days ago and was rather impressed by it. I knew he was a madman, but good lord! :O

Thanks Darin,

for keeping people up to date. I want to mention that I did 3 videos for Playthisriff.com and all will be available on youtube.com for anyone to check out. I will also be posting them here and on my myspace as soon as I get all of them. I would also like to add that I had no idea I was going to do some lessons, just thinking that I had a press interview and when I walked in Bob at Playthisriff.com had and amp set up and was ready to go, so I came up with these examples in a 15 minute interview (a little nerve racking especially since this was March 31st, the day we filmed the R.I.P DVD), I hope you guys like them.

Take care, Chris.

I personally loved the PlayThisRiff stuff! Great material which I think probably alot of us ( I know I am ) are curious about - especially the 2-hand tapping/piano arpeggio techniques. It doesn't get any better than video with tab!!!

I personally loved the PlayThisRiff stuff! Great material which I think probably alot of us ( I know I am ) are curious about - especially the 2-hand tapping/piano arpeggio techniques. It doesn't get any better than video with tab!!!
+1.................Chrises 2 handed tapping is SICK!! I wish I could get maybe 40 % of those 2 handed tapping chops!!

Here are the Videos.

Have fun with them and think about all the possibilities you can do.

Take care, Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris, you've been my all time hero ever since you first joined Megadeth. You're probably actually the first guy I have ever seen carry out Marty Friedman's solos flawlessly(I mean to the point of perfection, better then Marty himself)! My question is, what exactly is your learning process? Do you just read notes/tabs on a page, take it slow, and eventually make it faster and faster, look at the scale and know exactly what Marty's doing, or do you consult online lessons? I wanted to know because I've been trying to learn the guitar solos to Holy Wars and Lucretia and found it increasingly frustrating wanting to learn the songs note for note. I was wanted to know from a Guitar God's perspective. :]

Hey Chris, you've been my all time hero ever since you first joined Megadeth. You're probably actually the first guy I have ever seen carry out Marty Friedman's solos flawlessly(I mean to the point of perfection, better then Marty himself)! My question is, what exactly is your learning process? Do you just read notes/tabs on a page, take it slow, and eventually make it faster and faster, look at the scale and know exactly what Marty's doing, or do you consult online lessons? I wanted to know because I've been trying to learn the guitar solos to Holy Wars and Lucretia and found it increasingly frustrating wanting to learn the songs note for note. I was wanted to know from a Guitar God's perspective. :]

Ahahahah Thanks for the kind words but I will tell you I'm just like every other guitarist trying to better there playing. I would do what ever is most efficient to get the solo down I'm trying to play, so it could be any of those ways, however most often I end up using my ear and transcribing the solo's my self. From there I record them really slow so I have a record of them, and then allow my hands the time they need as I practice to grasp what ever techniques are required for that solo. Once my hands really know the technique then I will worry about tempo.

I know this doesn't help a lot but it is how I most often work, Chris.

Ahahahah Thanks for the kind words but I will tell you I'm just like every other guitarist trying to better there playing. I would do what ever is most efficient to get the solo down I'm trying to play, so it could be any of those ways, however most often I end up using my ear and transcribing the solo's my self. From there I record them really slow so I have a record of them, and then allow my hands the time they need as I practice to grasp what ever techniques are required for that solo. Once my hands really know the technique then I will worry about tempo.

I know this doesn't help a lot but it is how I most often work, Chris.

On the contrary actually, this method helped quite alot. I found it alot easier to memorize things by transcribing it myself rather than looking at tablature and forcing a structure I don't know into my head and the result, a Tornado of Souls solo with a Broderick twist haha. Thanks for the reply! You were awesome at the Rust in Peace tour in Hollywood. See you at American Carnage!