Lou Reed & Metallica: The View (90-second Preview)

codeman

Jul 1, 2010
London
It's bad. It's 100% the mixer's fault. You need someone who thinks outside the box to make this work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it would sound bad, but this is just... abominable.
Like I said when they´ve announced the album. Putting Lou Reed on the album is the ultimate anti-piracy system. No one is going to download this shit even if it´s for free.

Seriously. The first recording I ever owned was Black Album recorded on C cassette. I still listen to that album at least weekly. In fact, it's in my car player this very moment and I listened to it 20 minutes ago, and I enjoyed it just as much as I did when I was seven and heard it the first time.

If I had to name one musician, who I simply consider awesome as fuck no matter what he does or says, it would be James.

I even think St. Anger is pretty cool.

But this? What the fuck is this?

I actually like this better than everything they've done since MoP. WWell, at least until James comes in and I remember who it is.

Then again I hate Metallica.

Why the fuck are Lou Reed's complete utter shity monotonic monologue SO MUCH louder than James' vocals... it's literally popping out of the mix, sounds like fucking karaoke, sounds like when you're listening to music and browsing the web and an ad starts to play with someone speaking.... wtf is this fucking bullshit? Not to mention Lars going out of time a couple of times or more as well lol....

Well at least thats not Stock... :erk:

But I can tell you what it is Lars! It still starts with an S....

Look, I am (was) the biggest Metallica fan, have been sincce MOP, I even gave away 6 years of my life playing bass in a Metallica tribute band that was quite successful but what is this shit boys!
Its like they have become so big they just don't give a fuck about the people that have to listen to this. Its all good to have your side projects, sweet as, record all the shit you want but if I released every shit song I wrote/recorded I would have a hundred albums out too!
Think of your fans Metallica! Won't somebody think of the fans!

James vocals actually sound pretty cool imo. The Lou Reed part is just utter shite...
I have no expectations for this album, so for once I might not get dissapointed when it's released.