Lou Reed & Metallica: The View (90-second Preview)

Who the hell is this lou reed guy? He's not even remotely "talk-singing" in key. WTF. WHAT THE FUCK.

Awesome. Best Metallica output ever.

Oh, yeah, and I'm gonna do it myself

Futurama-Fry-Meme.jpg

Sounds like some drunk fucker stumbled into the studio and just started having a conversation with a plastic bush... unfortunately for us there was a mic in said plant.

srsly tho, wtf.

How can metallica and their management not see the hate looming for this one? It's about as popular a debut as design the skyline's clip

What is with that stagnant guitar chord/note humming in the background, that just randomly stops at 0:46? I seriously just paused the clip because I thought that I had something else playing on a different tab in my browser :lol:

Who the hell is this lou reed guy? He's not even remotely "talk-singing" in key. WTF. WHAT THE FUCK.

Lou Reed is one of the most influential rock n rollers ever. Unfortunately, this doesn't speak much for him. He's not for everyone, but if you appreciate rock n roll music, you should 'get it'.

Live: Take No Prisoners is amazing because he is just fucking pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is with that stagnant guitar chord/note humming in the background, that just randomly stops at 0:46? I seriously just paused the clip because I thought that I had something else playing on a different tab in my browser :lol:

Hahahaha reminds me of when you're just chillin' on the computer with an amp sim and your guitar in your lap typing something and your open strings are just ringing out.

wow, certainly didn't expect that from the project.
although I don't find it as crushingly bad as most of you, it's by no means good.
if only lou reed started to put a little more "singing" into some of his phrases. there're a couple of
lines where my ears want to hear him sing, 0.34 for example. the vibe would be a little better that way
and even more, if lou's vocal weren't so loud. the music and arrangement is a bit boring that's unfortunate yes.

It is absolutely pathetic and mind-blowing that Metallica has been a band for as long as they have, yet continue to clearly demonstrate that they have no concept whatsoever of what the role and vital importance of a mix engineer is. If they understood the concept of mixing, they would have hired Sneap a decade ago.

They don't even know what drumming is. Lars should be banned from playing drums.

He never was was a grood drummer but he's reaching a new unheard level of sloppiness with this and apparently

nobody thought it was a good idea to edit that crap.