Lou Reed & Metallica: The View (90-second Preview)

So are we agreed now that Metallica suck and always have sucked?? I really don't get the love for this band.

^ they're not Britney Spears and DO deserve every single buck they've earned throughout their career, so FUCK NO!

iv'e attended Sonisphere UK this summer, and out of all of the greatest metal bands in the world Metallica is STILL the BEST LIVE SHOW ON THE PLANET.

i can honestly say they are as good today as they were back in the 90's around the monsters of rock era if not BETTER. :headbang::headbang::headbang:
and that's including the new material!

seriously, there are no words to describe how GOOOOOD their show is!
these guys have been doing this shit for double my life spent and they're definitely the best at what they do.

that being said, that 90 sec preview sound BAD but still to early to judge a full album, and besides it's LOU REED'S LYRICS and basically more of a lou reed album more than a metallica album

i must admit that they're either completely out touch with their fans, just don't give a fuck anymore or desperate for a some fresh air if they thought this album is a good idea in ANY way...

So are we agreed now that Metallica suck and always have sucked?? I really don't get the love for this band.

+1000000000

... iv'e attended Sonisphere UK this summer, and out of all of the greatest metal bands in the world Metallica is STILL the BEST LIVE SHOW ON THE PLANET.

i can honestly say they are as good today as they were back in the 90's around the monsters of rock era if not BETTER ...

:lol:

^

so i assume you've been there and you're unsatisfied with their show?

or maybe you haven't and have no freakin' clue what you're responding about
haters will hate...

Btw, Metallica has always made long albums (Kill Em All 51 min, Ride The Lightning 47 min, Master of Puppets 54 min, And Justice For All 65 min, Metallica 62 min, Load 78 min, Reload 76 min, St Anger 75 min, Death Magnetic 74 min)

But did anyone else notice that Lulu is 87 minutes long?

But I do have to agree with Arsenu, I've seen Metallica twice and they've been one of the best live acts I've ever seen, and I've seen MANY of them (mainly because I do live mixing, so comes with the territory). I'd still have to say Rammstein has a better SHOW. Music taste is highly subjective.

fuck 87 mins is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

even longer than Slashe's album which is really fucking long!
i can take take a wild guess and say that if HALF the song are good, they could have cut the others out and have a good 45 minute album instead of what i suppose is going to turn out as a tedious 87 minutes with some good parts here and there...

Metallica are who they are for a reason and what the pulled out in the 80's and some of the 90's was spectacular. Those born after this time will never understand and have no right to comment really...
All the bands you now listen to would most likely not be who they are today without them. Thats the truth.

However, Metallica is a monster that can only be contained, not changed, even by its creators. It got too big for them to handle and they lost the plot.

It is common for musicians to out grow there idols so the fact Lars is not considered a great drummer today is no suprise, much like say Jimi Hendrix. To alot of people he sounds like an average guitar player but he influenced millions of new players, much like Lars.
Having said that.. Lars got to comfy and I guess stopped learning new skills as his drumming has declined both in the studio and live.
Has any one seen the live in Rome DVD? I had to turn it off halfway through Creeping Death (only about 20min in) as his drumming was SO BAD I just could not watch it! It pissed me off so bad...

RIP Metallica. I will never buy another CD of yours but thanks for the memories....

^^^pretty spot on except fail for putting Lars and Jimi Hendrix in the same sentence. Even for remote comparative purposes.

Aficionado - Self-titled.
aficionado-aficionado.jpg

Never X Again - Year One
52103154632fd8bdda233e8592054809_NeverAgainWEB.jpg.jpg

I say without a hint of exaggeration that this is probably one of the best hardcore bands to ever come out of Europe.

^^^pretty spot on except fail for putting Lars and Jimi Hendrix in the same sentence. Even for remote comparative purposes.

Maybe, but he was the first name that came to mind of guitar players that get dissed when it not deserved but I see your point lol. I love Hendrix and his guitar playing so I don't want people to think I was putting hin in the same box as Lars.

Maybe, but he was the first name that came to mind of guitar players that get dissed when it not deserved but I see your point lol. I love Hendrix and his guitar playing so I don't want people to think I was putting hin in the same box as Lars.

Both Jimi and Metallica are still a huge influence even on the newer generation of musicians. It goes like this: The band is in an interview, then they ask "what are your biggest influences", then they say some list of bands, then the hardcore fans go and read the interview, then they notice what is this band, go check them out and then possibly start to dig them. That is how I found out artists like In Flames and Devin Townsend.

My first exposure to this band was actually watching Some Kind of Monster where I concluded they were all absolute fuckwits of the highest order.

Listening to this really doesn't disprove my original hypothesis.