LOUDNESS show review/pics

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
this is for the old guys, and those who care enough to dig into metal history

venue: globe and anchor, camp foster, okinawa

the show was great. they played well, the crowd dug it, though they stopped our pit in the 2nd song hehe. half the crowd was japanese locals, which was odd cuz it was on a marine base. anyways. it was good, im not sure i like the new stuff though. they played a few songs off the new album "racing" and it has some bouncy nu moments. its like each song has some cool riffs, then a nu one. they only played maybe 4 new ones, one of em being the new single crazy samurai.

here are some pictures. there are alot of em. i also got a picture of the mullet guy lol. the mullet is still alive, even in okinawa!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rnsbassman/album?.dir=/d5ca&.src=ph&.tok=phCwnMCBoWwKP5Pb

overall great night. and the cd i picked up, rock shocks, is awesome. that guitarist can shred! the contacts he wears freak me out and i cant figure out if he has any teeth or not. i think i saw teeth once, but in one of the pictures i got, all i see is gums. and he had that wierd no teeth mouth look hehe

i also got a short clip of the guitarist. no sound, but it shows most of a solo. if anyone wants it, ill try to figure out a way to send it to ya
~gR~

Heh, my friend had a ripped copy of one of their 80's albums. I think it was called Thunder in the East or some shit like that. The lyrics on those songs were the definiton of hilarious.

That's awesome you got to see them. It is a shame that the last couple records they have steered into that nu metal direction. The old stuff still kills and I listen to Hurricane Eyes on the regular. S.D.I.!!! Did they play that one?

The Grimace said:
Loudness's solos and Merzbow are about the only reasons I can't say all Jap music sucks. Otherwise, it's all Puffy Umiyami or whatever the fuck.

Listen to Metalucifer, Sabbat, Abigail, and Intestine Baalism.

Jean-Pierre said:
Listen to Metalucifer, Sabbat, Abigail, and Intestine Baalism.

Those too. And Vomit Remnants, Glossectomy, Godgrind, Barbatos, Cut Throat, Sigh, 324, Zombie Ritual, etc.

ps. merzbow rules

TheGraveDigger said:
That's awesome you got to see them. It is a shame that the last couple records they have steered into that nu metal direction. The old stuff still kills and I listen to Hurricane Eyes on the regular. S.D.I.!!! Did they play that one?
indeed they did play hurricane eyes. they also played esper, crazy doctor, crazy nights, crazy samurai (new single), rock shock... those were the only ones i recognized
~gR~

Jean-Pierre said:
...Metalucifer, Sabbat, Abigail...
Ok, Sabbat is decent, but Metalucifer? Really? You gonna go with that one? :err:

Intestine Baalism.

If they were from Sweden, they'd be nobody.

V said:
...And Vomit Remnants, Glossectomy, Godgrind, Barbatos, Cut Throat, Sigh, 324, Zombie Ritual, etc...

Sigh WAS good, but in a 'well isn't that different' kinda way. Haven't heard Barbatos or 324. Others, same thing as Intestine Baalism.

But no matter how much I think Jap music sucks, Merzbow still makes up for it.