low-budget active studio monitors

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I have been looking up for a pair of active studio monitors, but I am very uncertain about which to choose considering my budget (200€) which ones would you pick and why?

Thanks in advance.

M-Audio BX5as. I love mine. I couldnt ask for better set for my place and what not. They sound awesome. Looking to upgrade to the BX8as soon hopefully

i've got the M audio studiophile dx4's and they're ok, i also got them on special for $79...i wouldn't pay the $139 usd they usually sell for

i'll also add that most of my recordings are done in my spare bedroom for recreation, so it's not really super important for me to have a great set of monitors

Nah, not when I auditioned the two at a Guitar Center - the HS80s had noticeably more control and definition in the low end to my ears, as well as more detail

Thanks for the the tips, unfortunately, the BX5a's are a bit over the budget, unfortunately I already wasted a lot on gear + the studio PC and I'm reaching the bottom of my budget... so, instead of these monitors which I will certainly pick at a later time, is there any mixing headphones that you'd recommend?

i would probably invest in some cheapo monitors for the time being, in the future you can have them kicking around as a spare set...i've got a few sets of nice headphones, including Sony MDR-V900HD's; which are great for a lot of things, but not your only method of monitoring