Low E Buzz

Dalinkwent48@aim.com

Be Creative, Get Laid
Apr 7, 2009
Jersey
Im in the process of resetting one of my guitars. At first I had buzzing on all 6 strings at the first fret. Made a truss adjustment. And now only my low E is buzzing. What would you suggest I do? Raise just the low E a touch or make another adjustment on the truss? Or something else.

As of right now it has the slightest bow in it like this l)
The line is the strings.

So I would assume the answer sprack is yes. Slight releif in the 5th fret area.
Obviously I cant make that bow look a little smaller like it actually is but yeh thats where i am at the moment.

Raising the saddle seems to be the best option but I dont want to have to raise it much and change the action completely ya know.

Just out of curiosity, you're using new strings? Sometimes old ones can cause buzz. Also, is it a FR type of bridge/locking nut or a regular nut?

I'd probably raise the saddle little by little until it stops, keep an eye on the action to see if it gets too high for your playing taste. Otherwise you may want to go to a guitar guy and get it set up. Depending onthe person it may end up being awesome. Usually when I do it (@ Strait Music in Austin) it costs 30 bucks and I dont really have to do it for a good while afterward.

Just out of curiosity, you're using new strings? Sometimes old ones can cause buzz. Also, is it a FR type of bridge/locking nut or a regular nut?

I'd probably raise the saddle little by little until it stops, keep an eye on the action to see if it gets too high for your playing taste. Otherwise you may want to go to a guitar guy and get it set up. Depending onthe person it may end up being awesome. Usually when I do it (@ Strait Music in Austin) it costs 30 bucks and I dont really have to do it for a good while afterward.

Brand new strings, just took the whole guitar apart to clean everything. Its a floating bridge but I hardtailed it with a block of wood in the back. Also just a regular nut.

where is it buzzing exactly? Because the diagnose for buzzing differs if it happens when you play it open or on different frets.