Low End References

i looked into Logan Mader's mixes a little more since TWOAF sounds so godly and well, he knows how to mix him some low end

not a big fan of the music, but i would love to get this kind of kick/bass relationship on my mixes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from stuff that has been mentioned already:

i looked into Logan Mader's mixes a little more since TWOAF sounds so godly and well, he knows how to mix him some low end

not a big fan of the music, but i would love to get this kind of kick/bass relationship on my mixes:

I don't know about his bass tones but for kick, he told me he sends his go-to kick samples to a parallel bus with RBass into an L1 brickwall, then automates that down in faster sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from stuff that has been mentioned already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvGFkPfRxr4

I don't know about his bass tones but for kick, he told me he sends his go-to kick samples to a parallel bus with RBass into an L1 brickwall, then automates that down in faster sections.

Does he automate the source kick along the same lines as the parallel kick too? I would have thought that samples in para being automated heavily whilst not the same for the original kick would sound somewhat inconsistent?

Unless the para channel is his low end one then I could imagine its seamless if the original is slappier.

Does he automate the source kick along the same lines as the parallel kick too? I would have thought that samples in para being automated heavily whilst not the same for the original kick would sound somewhat inconsistent?

Unless the para channel is his low end one then I could imagine its seamless if the original is slappier.

My understanding was that the parallel bus is only for low end energy, but would get overbearing during fast double kick stuff, hence the automation.

Not everyones cup of tea i guess, but there is a very special managment of the low end in Soilworks "the panic broadcast"

HD of course:

I find this production very... weird.

Apart from that, their guitar tones are always sounding like amp sim to me since 'Sworn To A Great Divide' which is probably the worst of them :/