Lucky #7: OSA's anniversary!

Hi everyone. :wave:

It's that time of year again...on October 15th, OSA will be celebrating their 7th anniversary! It's hard to believe sometimes that we have made it this far for this long. We couldn't do it without all the great people here that help to make up this place. :)

Sadly, we are ending our 6th year and starting our 7th on a sad note with the loss of our beloved Zellie, but if anything, this is incentive to honor her memory by keeping true to the spirit that has defined us since she helped to form this community on day one. We are moving towards the future, but never letting go of our past.

This year, there hasn't been much discussion as to what we will do to commemorate the day. I did put up a mention on the front page of the OSA site, but as already noted above, it doesn't seem like many of us here are much in the mood for celebrating. But if anyone has any suggestions on what we can do, it certainly will not go unheeded.

In the meantime, let's count down the days until our special day, share our favorite memories of our time here, etc. :)

Happy anniversary OSA!

Happened so that Nighwish started recording their new CD on the very same day, Oct. 15. which is OSA's official birthday. What a cool birthday present!

Like before, you can follow band member's diary updates about the recording sessions at Nw website in Studio 7 and view pictures at Studio 7 Gallery.

Or if you prefer Facebook, the same updates are here.

Thanks to all the faithful who created OSA and have been keeping the flame alive along the road on the good and on the bad days. Now we can happily look forward when we know that there will be another CD coming out next fall, and most likely a single or two before it in the summer. And of course another world tour will follow. :) :D

Ps. C. you're right. The official legend tells that Tuomas gave Tarja the infamous letter at the dressing room after the final concert of the Once tour at Hartwall Areena in Helsinki, Finland but told her to open and read it the next day.

I attendeed the concert and if I remember right, it ended a few minutes before 11:00 pm so it must have been just before midnight on Oct 21. Finnish time. (Still is the daylight saving time in late October, whic means GMT+3). The letter was published on Nw.com the next morning Oct 22. around 9:00 am in Finnish, English and German. Next day it was all over the tabloids and other media.

Yes, what an awesome present, indeed!

I got the e-mail about Tarja's firing a couple of days after it had already been posted, so I guess I can't say for sure if it was the 21st or 22nd. :(

Kiitos Enigma, for your kind words. And I hope you are right, that when our 8th anniversary comes next year, we will have a few new songs to listen to and to discuss so that we can have something to celebrate next year. I'm really sorry to everyone that I didn't do much this year, but I couldn't think of anything. It's kinda hard to think of stuff when the band is technically on "off-time". Hopefully we will make up for it next year, though. ;)