Lucyfire and Brandstrom

DefeatScythe

Oct 10, 2001
sod.hut.ru
Hey, what do you think about new Edlund's project Lucyfire?

What about me , i really love it , anyway i like all Edlund's mystery! i think their (Tiamat@Lucyfire) music is really strange and mysterious ! When Skeleton Skeletron was coming out , music becàme more simpler , but stayed also ! Than Lucyfire "This dollar saved my life at whitehorse" , this kind of music is very similar on SS, but anyway, it is a new creation and i really like it!

What do you think about Brandstrom participations?

What do you think about this kind of music?

What do you think about Edlund's lyrics?

Thankx!

Hmmm... i cannot imagine anything about Lucyfire future, i think, that Edlund experiments with music also as D.T.... Yes, Lucyfire is rock'n'roll imagery with some pop-keyboards and effects , but i sill think, that music has not lose a spark of Edlund's art! I love all the album from first to last!

at their time, tiamat were a band i would listen to often (clouds, wildhoney). but all the other albums are crap. the are so tedious even if you pitch them up 100%
besides, edlund can't sing or scream at all. have you ever seen a live-performance? oh my goth!
i don't dislike them because they changed their style that much this happens to a lot of former black/death/speed metal bands). well, it's ok if you can't get to sleep :D

I like Lucyfire as an "alternative" Edlund's path... Catchy, poppy, carefree (ehehe, swedes can be fun, it seems :D)... I love this old-movie-fashioned-style&imagery.. And by the way I can't figure it as THE future... A "Whitehorse2" would be a "Reign in blood2"... boring.
I'd like Tiamat's new release as something completely new, experimental, creative, original... as far from "Wildhoney" as from "Deeper kind..." (my fave).
Hopefully no more Skeleton skeletrons (weak and uninspired)..

a

i don't like lucyfire as an alternative path, nor as a tedious repetition of gothic-rock clichés with a spray of pop melodies (anyone here heard about terrorvision? anyone here noticed how 'baby come on' is virtually identical to the other band's 'come home beanie'?). i've got nothing against catchiness, pop, gothic, rock or any combination of the above, but please try to put together some decently original stuff.
for a whimsical record with an - admittedly - funny title such as lucyfire's, i'd have expected something with a bit of an edge, instead of sameish-sounding melodies and depressingly random lyrics.

tiamat, now, are something quite different. i agree with atlantis on deeper of kind of slumber being their best, followed by wildhoney and clouds. skeleton skeletron was a bit of a disappointment, monotonous and uninspired as i think it was. the first three tracks are almost all there is to it in my opinion.
perhaps the 'sleepiness' judgement is also accurate, but - as much as i normally like fast or mid-tempoed stuff better - good tunes well played are ok even if they sluggishly proceed over the 1-hour limit. not everything slow is boring, not everything boring is slow.

rahvin.

Hmmm... i have seen, that all of you against of new Edlund's project! It is not a disappointment for me ! I remember, when i was hearing Skeleton Skeletron at once , i was at shock, what's the shit ??!! My CD was getting out from my collection of roadbag's music! But than , i was checking it again and again ! Finally , it became at one of my fave CDs !